Duck! Me? – Development & Beta Testing

development and releases of new/rewritten text adventures
EdwardianDuck

Re: Duck! Me? – Beta 18

Post by EdwardianDuck »

At long last, yet another beta (see top post), .SSD + .Z3 in the Zip as usual.

Fingers crossed it's less buggy now and most of the terrible omissions have been dealt with, but as testing is really just me "marking my own homework", who knows?

Jeremy
EdwardianDuck

Re: Duck! Me? – Beta 19

Post by EdwardianDuck »

Is anyone willing to fully test this for me? By that I mean play the game through to the end and try anything that comes to mind while playing it. I'll provide a map and minimal walkthrough so you don't get stuck.

I'd like to get a proper release out so I can move on to the sequel.

Please PM me if you're interested.

Jeremy
EdwardianDuck

Re: Duck! Me? – Development & Beta Testing

Post by EdwardianDuck »

I've created a separate thread for release builds (starting from release 2, as release 1 was a disaster best forgotten). This has now been independently tested and a few minor issues fixed, mostly cosmetic in terms of the BBC release. The delay in getting this out has been the frustration with bugs in the Atari 8bit interpreters. My game seems to be sufficiently complicated to have triggered three separate issues with the early single disk interpreter, of which I was able to work around two. Fortunately the later two disk interpreter is somewhat more robust and only had one of the three issues. I mention this in case anyone is assuming that building a game in Inform6 + PunyInform means that it will automatically run on all the old interpreters, which appears to be mostly, but not completely true. In the BBC world we're spoiled by the existence of Ozmoo which as far as I can see works extremely well.

Jeremy

Return to “new projects and releases: text and graphic adventures”