Canyon Bomber emulator/source code port without the source

tricky

Canyon Bomber emulator/source code port without the source

Post by tricky »

I've just finished a new port for the beeb of Canyon Bomber.
Like my other "emulator" games it is actually a source code port, but with source code that comes from me disassembling the arcade ROM.
I don't want *. to get accused of distributing arcade ROMs, so the game loads the original ROMs and patches them to attach my beeb layer.
It expects one file called ROMS that would be what you would get if you loaded your ROMs into MAME and then saved the memory range.
ROMS is the ROMs that decode and load from &3000-&3FFF inclusive.
The game will be in B/W+grey on a NuLA, but the NuLA can be disabled by running *NoNuLA.
It looks like it might be quite fun two player, but I don't have anyone to play against!

https://youtu.be/Yy5RW7aDK98 best watch in 720p on a 50Hz monitor.
If you have a legal copy of the ROMS and are having difficulty making the appropriate files, please PM me.
Attachments
CanyonBomber-no-ROMs.zip
(7.01 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
kieranhj

Re: Canyon Bomber emulator/source code port without the source

Post by kieranhj »

And again, good job with this port. It's a funny little game, that I'd also never heard of, but quite addictive once you get into it, as you say. I love the NULA version in dreary grey, very authentic! :D I think I like your MODE 1 colour choices better. Enjoyed the video again too.
Bitshifters Collective | Retro Code & Demos for BBC Micro & Acorn computers | https://bitshifters.github.io/
Diminished

Post by Diminished »

Good stuff trickster.

What was the original machine's clockspeed? How about the frame rate? Did you have any 50/60 Hz nonsense to deal with?
Steve8bit

Post by Steve8bit »

I played this in the arcades in the late 70s. Simple game but really fun! This is superb.

Return to “trickysoft (new bbc micro games)”