Tandata Tm512Tp Manual

contribute new/updated software missing from online archives
danielj

Tandata Tm512Tp Manual

Post by danielj »

Finally managed to get hold of one of these. It's the modem that worked with the TTNS Telecom Gold software and also Communitel (it'd do auto-answer). Here's the manual which I've uploaded to archive.org:

https://archive.org/details/tandata-tm-512

I will move making the FreeFi232 compatible as a communitel modem up my todo list as I now know what the commands/responses are! This means that it should be possible to host a viewdata BBS across the web from a beeb or master with a Wifi modem using the communtiel software. Watch this space. Probably for a number of years.

d.
brianmartin_2001

Re: Tandata Tm512Tp Manual

Post by brianmartin_2001 »

Did you ever make in headway with this Daniel?

And did you actually acquire a Tandata 512 modem ?

Cheers
Brian
Sysop of (the Night Owl BBS) nightowlbbs.ddns.net:6400
danielj

Post by danielj »

Hello - I do indeed have one now, but I've not made any progress getting the wifi modem software to play with communitel :(

d.
brianmartin_2001

Post by brianmartin_2001 »

Did you try using the Tandata modem as it was back on the day with Communitel.? I m curious to know if it would still work.

I am trying to get Viewdata board up myself but as you know Sod's Law says if there's old software available then the modems are scarce and vice versa. I ve been on this for months trying to get my Beeb and modem to auto answer with various software. EBBS, Autonomic, FBBS , OBBS ... None will play ball. I have a couple of options left though so banking on those.
Sysop of (the Night Owl BBS) nightowlbbs.ddns.net:6400

Return to “archive submissions”