All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #5, Saturday 4th July 2020, 9am - 10pm

threads for previous all-day 'virtual' ABug events
VectorEyes

Re: All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #5, Saturday 4th July 2020, 9am - 10pm

Post by VectorEyes »

Really looking forward to watching these! I need to move to a country where it's the middle of the night when they're happening, so I can get up and participate in realtime. But for the moment, watching on catch-up will have to do. Thanks for uploading them so quickly.
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

Well, the general chatter within the session at least has continued until gone 1am at the last few all-dayers, so feel free to sign up in the future even if you think you might not be able to join us until after midnight ... there may well be attendees still lurking!
Please subscribe to the ABug YouTube channel!
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

Ok as promised, here is Paul Fellows' (ex-Acorn/Acornsoft) excellent talk/presentation, which includes a QA.

Link

It clocks in at 2hrs 6 minutes and makes for fascinating viewing throughout. It covers everything from the software Paul wrote for Acornsoft (including Sphinx Adventure), his role as Head of Languages at Acornsoft and lots of detail is given regarding the BBC Micro, especially the B+ series. Paul also overviews his duties as Team Leader on Project Arthur and gives us an insight into his career post-Acorn. We're very grateful to Paul for his time and we hope to welcome him back to a future ABug event in due course...

Two more videos on the way tomorrow I hope! :)
pixelblip

Post by pixelblip »

I thought that talk was so interesting from Paul.
I didn't realise how much Arthur was related to the BBC ....and to hear about the Graphics Extension Rom as well...which is something well up my street.

It was amazing to hear about that compiler that self compiled.....that was barmy.

Well done Paul!
0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE »

Once again, thank you for all your hard work in making these videos available!! =D>
0xC0DE
"I program my home computer / Beam myself into the future"
:arrow: Follow me on Twitter
:arrow: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my games and demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro
jregel

Post by jregel »

Really enjoyed Paul Fellows' talk and to see how things progressed from the GXR ROM to Arthur to RISCOS.

Amazing how so few people managed to build Arthur in so short a time. And it's interesting to see how the Archimedes really is a "next-gen" Beeb in lots of ways.
BBC Master Turbo, Retroclinic External Datacentre, VideoNuLA, PiTubeDirect with Pi Zero, Gotek USB Floppy Emulator
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

I've now updated the video index with links to all eight videos that were recorded on the 4th July session.

0xC0DE wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:27 pm Once again, thank you for all your hard work in making these videos available!! =D>
Cheers K, hope you enjoyed the end of the ElectrEm/CLK talk which I think you missed - some impressive demos on display! ;)
0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE »

Arcadian wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:51 pm I've now updated the video index with links to all eight videos that were recorded on the 4th July session.

0xC0DE wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:27 pm Once again, thank you for all your hard work in making these videos available!! =D>
Cheers K, hope you enjoyed the end of the ElectrEm/CLK talk which I think you missed - some impressive demos on display! ;)
Indeed, I missed that part. Seriously impressed by those demos!! :mrgreen:
I want to experiment with CLK but I haven't discovered yet whether it's easy to build a Windows version.
0xC0DE
"I program my home computer / Beam myself into the future"
:arrow: Follow me on Twitter
:arrow: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my games and demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro
dominicbeesley

Post by dominicbeesley »

Thanks again Dave for putting these up. I'm working slowly through all the talks, these are a wonderful collection. I've thoroughly enjoyed Paul's excellent talk!

D
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

dominicbeesley wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:24 pm I look forward to watching the videos, I'm afraid this one completely passed me by, though this time I couldn't attend but I don't want to miss any future events. Is there any way we could easily make a single announcement thread for these, those interested could then subscribe to that thread and not miss out?!
Here you go, Dom - as requested.

Return to “past all-day virtual ABugs”