Buckaroo Banzai

discuss classic text/graphic adventures for the bbc micro & electron
tautology

Re: Buckaroo Banzai

Post by tautology »

Ah; I'd already done the C64 version. These have the rooms with a room number and the graphics are slightly smaller.

[ETA: the C64 version does horizontal pixel doubling, so it may be possible to scale this easily - or even reproduce it from the original graphics]
Attachments
Buckaroo-c64.zip
(126.03 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
8bitAG

Post by 8bitAG »

Very impressive stuff. You Beeb guys are clever so and sos. :)
tautology

Post by tautology »

Doing some mucking around I can get a (MODE 4) room image into about 2K using a simple RLE encoding. The problem is that there's 27 unique room pictures.

This is going to be close to the limit for DFS unless I can think of a better compression route...
mode4.png
leenew

Post by leenew »

Hi Tautology,
I have been watching this thread with interest.
I was wondering if it would be better to maybe leave the graphics for now, and put your remaining energy into perfecting the game engine?
Getting the look and feel of the beeb version feels more important (to me at any rate) than adding graphics that the beeb versions didn't have :-k
All your hard work is really appreciated, and this feels so close to the finish line now.
Whichever way you decide to go - thank you =D>

Lee.
tautology

Post by tautology »

I've been working on templating the engine code for the different types and engines and supporting mode 7 colours (whilst still allowing the use of MODE 1 for the mysterious adventures).

There's still some problems, such as word wrapping and the line feeds between printer messages; but it's getting there:
more.png
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

tautology wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:25 am There's still some problems, such as word wrapping and the line feeds between printer messages; but it's getting there
Looking good!

=D> =D>
leenew

Post by leenew »

:D =D>
tautology

Post by tautology »

Well that was fun; I spent an hour wondering why when I added an "lda #0" it stop recognising verbs.

Turns out that I was at the byte limit so my code was bleeding into the data. Oh well word wrap working now, except for objects.
wwrap.png
leenew

Post by leenew »

Cool 8)
Great progress =D>

Lee
tautology

Post by tautology »

Right; managed to mangle a full word wrap and sorted the message formatting as shown below.

fullwrap.png

At this point, it's in beta for you guys to play through and test. I still need to update the code on github as it had changed a lot! Graphics are the next step; but these may have problems and will actually undo some of the changes I made to support mode 7 colours.
Attachments
buck.ssd
(20 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

tautology wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:29 pm At this point, it's in beta for you guys to play through and test. I still need to update the code on github as it had changed a lot! Graphics are the next step; but these may have problems and will actually undo some of the changes I made to support mode 7 colours.
Thanks! Great work!

Here's the walkthrough I'm using (adapted from the one at CASA):

Code: Select all

MOVE TABLE 
W
E
E
GO HOUSE
GET TOOLBOX
EXAMINE TOOLBOX 
S
W
W
GO STATION
DROP TOOLBOX
GO BOOTH
EXAMINE TRASH 
GET BATTERY
EXAMINE BATTERY 
N
E
N
N
W
GO CAR
EXAMINE DASHBOARD 
EXAMINE COMPARTMENT
INVENTORY 
READ FORMULA 
GET OUT 
DROP FORMULA
N
GET SAND
GO SHACK
GET RADIO
EXAMINE RADIO 
E
N
FILL BATTERY 
E
S
W
DROP BATTERY
E
S
S
W
GO SHED
DROP RADIO
CONNECT ANTENNA 
N
E
GO YOYODYNE
DROP SAND
DROP JAR
W
N
GO STORE
GET PICK
GET PUMP
EXAMINE PUMP 
GET HYDROMETER
GET CABLES
E
N
W
CHECK BATTERY 
DROP HYDROMETER
E
S
S
S
E
DIG 
EXAMINE HOLE 
CUT LINE
GET LINE 
DIG 
CUT LINE
GET LINE 
W
N
N
N
N
EXAMINE MOUNTAIN 
DROP PUMP
DROP CABLE
THROW LINE 
TIE LINE
TO PICK
CLIMB LINE 
PULL LINE 
GET QUARTZ 
D
DROP PICK
DROP LINE
GET PUMP
GET CABLE
S
W
GET BATTERY
EXAMINE CAR 
CONNECT CABLES
TO BATTERY 
GET HOSE 
E
S
S
GO STATION
OPEN TOOLBOX 
INVENTORY 
EXAMINE PIPE 
UNLOCK PIPE 
DROP KEY
CONNECT HOSE 
DROP TAPE
E
GO YOYODYNE
GET SAND
GET JAR 
LIGHT FLASHLIGHT
GO STAIRCASE
DROP QUARTZ
DROP JAR
DROP SAND
EXAMINE STAIRCASE
INVENTORY 
GO STAIRCASE
UNLIGHT FLASHLIGHT
W
GO STATION
PUT HOSE 
PUMP GAS 
DISCONNECT HOSE
DROP PUMP
E
N
N
W
GET FORMULA
DROP HOSE
E
S
S
GO YOYODYNE
GO STAIRCASE
LIGHT FLASHLIGHT
DROP JUG
MAKE FUEL
DROP FORMULA
GO STAIRCASE
UNLIGHT FLASHLIGHT
W
N
N
W
CONNECT CABLES
TO TERMINALS 
REFUEL CAR
DROP JUG
GET HOSE
N
N
WASH HOSE 
S
S
REPLACE HOSE 
GO CAR
EXAMINE DASHBOARD 
PRESS BUTTON 
GET OUT
GET BATTERY 
GO CAR
CLOSE COCKPIT 
PRESS BUTTON 
PRESS BUTTON 
LIGHT FLASHLIGHT
OPEN COCKPIT
GET OUT
EXAMINE BOMB 
PRESS SWITCH 
EXAMINE BOMB 
GET ENVELOPE
N
OPEN DOOR 
UNLIGHT FLASHLIGHT
DROP FLASHLIGHT
W
N
W
GET CABLES
E
S
S
GO YOYODYNE
OPEN ENVELOPE 
INVENTORY 
DROP ENVELOPE
OPEN SAFE 
INVENTORY 
W
W
GO SHED
DROP BATTERY
DROP CABLE
CONNECT BATTERY 
READ PAPER 
EXAMINE RADIO 
PRESS SWITCH
TRANSMIT WARFIN
TRANSMIT YOYODYNE 
Here's my feedback so far:
  • Game doesn't boot in Model B mode
  • Should the room-descriptions begin with "I am" (rather than "I'm")?
  • Inventory formatting is wrong -- no colours, etc.
  • User commands are white but should be cyan (as per Howarth)
  • The response to EXAMINE DASHBOARD is badly punctuated.
  • "O.K." is sometimes white when it should always be yellow:
    Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 22.06.38.png
  • Something goes wrong when you get to the point in the walkthrough where you DIG:
    Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 22.08.41.png
I stopped testing there because something seems to be broken (the response to DIG)..?

:?:

EDIT: Here's a very crude hack of the original commerically released Beeb version of the game -- hacked to get you past the GET OUT bug in the car. I put the screenshot here to demo what should happen when you DIG (and also what INVENTORY should look like) -- a "large hole" should appear when you DIG:

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 22.25.51.png
Last edited by lurkio on Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tautology

Post by tautology »

Another one - there needs to be a linefeed before "Play again?". If it happens, say from the freeway.
tautology

Post by tautology »

Right fixed a load. In terms of the dashboard - this appears to be a difference in the adv14b source file. I'll need to extract the version from the the original beeb version to see what the differences are.
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

tautology wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:52 pm In terms of the dashboard - this appears to be a difference in the adv14b source file. I'll need to extract the version from the the original beeb version to see what the differences are.
Don't know what the relevant data in the original Beeb version looks like, but the way it's displayed on screen ain't great!:

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 23.16.41.png

Yours is better, but it's missing a full stop after "open":

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 23.17.16.png

:idea:
tautology

Post by tautology »

Yeah the code from the standard adv14b.txt reads:

140)   5  64 [LOOK DASH]
     ? PLAYER_IN (29 = cockpit of the jet car)
    -> 2 = PRINT(I see)
    -> 51 = PRINT(starter button & glove compartment.)
    -> 46 = PRINT(The cockpit is)
    -> 73 = CONTINUE:
141)   [Cont'd]
     ? CLEARED_BIT (22)
    -> 47 = PRINT(open)
    -> 102 = PRINT(Fuel gauge reads)
142)   [Cont'd]
     ? SET_BIT (22)
    -> 48 = PRINT(closed)
    -> 102 = PRINT(Fuel gauge reads)
143)   [Cont'd]
     ? SET_BIT (19)
    -> 103 = PRINT(full)
144)   [Cont'd]
     ? SET_BIT (8)
    -> 103 = PRINT(full)
145)   [Cont'd]
     ? CLEARED_BIT (19)
     ? CLEARED_BIT (8)
    -> 104 = PRINT(empty)
So mine is accurate according to the start data - I have to extract it from Howarth's engine to see what that one is like.
tautology

Post by tautology »

A quick look around other games. US AI C64, PC, Apple II, Atari have the dashoard with:

The cockpit in open. Fuel gauge reads empty
The Spectrum version (UK AI) reads the same as in mine:

The cockpit in open Fuel gauge reads empty
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

tautology wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:12 pm A quick look around other games. US AI C64, PC, Apple II, Atari have the dashoard with:

The cockpit in open. Fuel gauge reads empty
The Spectrum version (UK AI) reads the same as in mine:

The cockpit in open Fuel gauge reads empty
[EDIT: I presume that should be "is" rather than "in" --lurkio]
So, most versions include the full stop. Which makes sense. Looks like the text in the Spectrum version was a typo that was never corrected. I mean, if you're going to print several sentences, one after the other, without explicit line-breaks between them, then you have to terminate each one with a full stop, surely? Otherwise it's bad English and just looks wrong and reads wrong.

tautology

Post by tautology »

Yeah, this does means that picking the right source data file is important - the provided adv14b looks to be the AI UK one (using the Howarth engine).

I need to extract the Atari/PC/C64/Apple II version to a raw data file. Unless I can find a raw one.
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

tautology wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:26 pm Yeah, this does means that picking the right source data file is important - the provided adv14b looks to be the AI UK one (using the Howarth engine).

I need to extract the Atari/PC/C64/Apple II version to a raw data file. Unless I can find a raw one.
You're assuming there that one of the existing versions of the game will be totally free of typos. But what if none of them are? (In which case, why not just correct any typos in adv14b as and when we find them?)

tautology

Post by tautology »

Yeah I was looking last night - that datafile appears to be the one from the TRS-80 version of the game. The BBC version has a totally different number of actions; the Atari version looks to be running on SAGA+ - which is a later version of the data definition file.

I'm having to remind myself of stuff I haven't touched in 15 years here ;-)

I'm a bit loathe to mess with the data files beyond some compression; I suppose adding a full stop won't make too much difference.
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

tautology wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:34 am Yeah I was looking last night - that datafile appears to be the one from the TRS-80 version of the game. The BBC version has a totally different number of actions
I don't fully understand the Scott Adams format, so I'm not totally sure what "actions" means in this context, but I wonder if that's why the Beeb version has bugs -- because it's missing some actions or has the wrong set of actions or something..?

Btw, it's not just that the Beeb version fails to parse GET OUT (of the car) -- but also, later on (in my hacked version of the game), it fails to let you CONNECT the HOSE.

tautology wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:34 am I'm a bit loathe to mess with the data files beyond some compression; I suppose adding a full stop won't make too much difference.
Yes, I think that if we correct any obvious typos that manifest as basic errors in spelling and punctuation, then that can only be a good thing!

EDIT: To summarise, then, is it your plan that you're going to keep developing your new machine-code engine until it correctly handles (a proofread and typo-corrected version of) the datafile adv14b.txt (uploaded by 8bitAG upthread)? (If so, then, for what it's worth, that sounds like a good plan to me!)

tautology

Post by tautology »

lurkio wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:06 pm I don't fully understand the Scott Adams format, so I'm not totally sure what "actions" means in this context, but I wonder if that's why the Beeb version has bugs -- because it's missing some actions or has the wrong set of actions or something..?
An action is a sort of thing that does something. Some things are done automatically (movement, inventory) everything else consists of a condition and then some actions. For example the below one will fire every move and if the player is in the cavern and doesn't have a flashlight (on) and flag 27 is clear then it will set the room to dark and set flag 27; then do a look - basically handles the whole light in the cavern thing.

3)   0 100 [Auto 100%]
     ? PLAYER_IN (24 = cavern inside the mountain)
     ? HAS_NOT (9 = Flashlight (on))
     ? CLEARED_BIT (27)
    -> 56 = SET_NIGHT
    -> 58 = SET_BIT (27)
    -> 64 = LOOK
But long term I don't want to break my engine just getting Buckaroo working; so I need to do some code diffs and look at the data files to work out the best way to handle stuff. (I also thing I may need to template some of the changes I made as I want to still support graphics in the mysterious adventures - which was the whole point of writing the engine in the first place!)
Dave_E

Post by Dave_E »

I can't tell from the thread whether this project is still on-going or not. All the technical stuff is a bit beyond me. Is there a working version of it for the BBC/Electron yet, or is it still in progress?
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

Dave_E wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:21 pm Is there a working version of it for the BBC/Electron yet
I think the short answer is no.

Dave_E wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:21 pmor is it still in progress?
Not sure. I haven't heard anything about it since tautology's last post, above. It's tautology who is/was doing all the work on this.

tautology

Post by tautology »

I've been stuck up with work and a few other things, so not really done any retro work for a while.

Attached is the last version I compiled which can be though to be in beta state. It should work; work there may be some bugs, especially with the mode 7 formatting.

I also need to upload the code back to my github account as I made a lot of changes to support mode 7.
Attachments
buck.ssd
(20 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

tautology wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:12 amAttached is the last version I compiled which can be though to be in beta state. It should work; work there may be some bugs, especially with the mode 7 formatting.
Thanks for that!

You're probably aware but, just for the record, this latest version still fails at the point in the CASA walkthrough where you have to DIG in the field. See my previous post.

tautology

Post by tautology »

I think I've worked out why this is happening and it's a little bug with continued actions. There are two actions for DIG:

113)  84   0 [DIG ANY]
     ? PLAYER_IN (11 = field of tall grass)
     ? HAS (23 = Climbers Pick)
     ? CLEARED_BIT (26)
    -> 58 = SET_BIT (26)
    -> 1 = PRINT(O.K.)
    -> 73 = CONTINUE:
114)   [Cont'd]
    -> 62 = MOVE_X_INTO_Y (34 = large hole) (11 = field of tall grass)

115)  84   0 [DIG ANY]
     ? SET_BIT (26)
     ? HAS (23 = Climbers Pick)
     ? PLAYER_IN (11 = field of tall grass)
    -> 62 = MOVE_X_INTO_Y (35 = Another large hole) (11 = field of tall grass)
    -> 1 = PRINT(O.K.)
So what it looks like is action 113 is firing and if you DIG again then 115 is firing; but 114 isn't I suspect that this may be to do with flag 26. I need to dig into the code and remind myself how I implemented continues.
tautology

Post by tautology »

Well that was fun - my code was correct - but it was a weirdness in the way I compressed the actions. Basically the actions are encoded two to a 16 bit number. The continue action had been stored in the second octet of the at number, leading to the first action being action 0 (i.e. a NOP). So it never continued.
digworking.png
A quick fix to the source data and it's working. Although somewhere I broke the QUIT command. Updated beta attached.
Attachments
buck.ssd
(20 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

Great work!

A few observations. First, a word-wrap/text-colour issue:

Screenshot 2020-07-19 at 16.36.56.png

Next, a capitalisation issue ("tape"). I wonder if you're failing to decode a "compressed" or "tokenized" definite article ("The") just before "tape" and "pump" here -- if indeed such compression/tokenization even happens in Scott Adams games?:

Screenshot 2020-07-19 at 16.37.16.png

And finally a strange failure to accept the CASA walkthrough -- is it the walkthrough that's at fault this time?:

Screenshot 2020-07-19 at 16.38.53.png

In case someone can spot anything I did wrong, here's a transcript of my gameplay up to and including the point where it failed when I went WEST after saying UNLIGHT FLASHLIGHT:

>*E.!BOOT
>CHAIN "LOAD"

Restore a saved game?  N
 "Buckaroo Banzai" Adventure by Scott
 Adams & Phillip Case
 I am in a Yoyodyne office
 Visible items: 

Staircase going down. Table.

Exits are: West 

[-----------------------------------]
 What shall I do now? 
 That is beyond my power.
 What shall I do now? MOVE TABLE 
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

Staircase going down. Table. Floor
 safe.

What shall I do now? W
 I'm at the corner of Main & Hickory
 Visible items: 

Yoyodyne building. Gas Station.

Exits are: North South East West 

What shall I do now? E
 I'm on Hickory Ave

Exits are: East West 

What shall I do now? E
 I am in a Cul-de-sac at East end of
 Hickory
 Visible items: 

Large house.

What shall I do now? GO HOUSE
 O.K.
 I'm in the garage of a large house
 Visible items: 

Small toolbox.

Exits are: South 

What shall I do now? GET TOOLBOX
 O.K.
 I'm in the garage of a large house

Exits are: South 

What shall I do now? EXAMINE TOOLBOX 
 Sticker says: Sam's Service Station.
 What shall I do now? S
 I am in a Cul-de-sac at East end of
 Hickory
 Visible items: 

Large house.

What shall I do now? W
 I'm on Hickory Ave

What shall I do now? W
 Visible items: 

What shall I do now? GO STATION
 O.K.
 I am in a Gas Station
 Visible items: 

Gas Pumps. Cashiers Booth. Filler pipe
 to underground gas tank.

Exits are: East 

What shall I do now? DROP TOOLBOX
 O.K.
 I am in a Gas Station
 Visible items: 

Small toolbox. Gas Pumps. Cashiers
 Booth. Filler pipe to underground gas
 tank.

What shall I do now? GO BOOTH
 O.K.
 I am in a Cashiers Booth
 Visible items: 

Control Console. Trash Pile.

Exits are: North 

What shall I do now? EXAMINE TRASH 
 O.K. I see something
 I am in a Cashiers Booth
 Visible items: 

Control Console. Trash Pile. Old car
 battery.

What shall I do now? GET BATTERY
 I am in a Cashiers Booth
 Visible items: 

Control Console. Trash Pile.

What shall I do now? EXAMINE BATTERY 
 I see there's no water in the battery.
 What shall I do now? N
 I am in a Gas Station
 Visible items: 

tank.

What shall I do now? E
 Visible items: 

What shall I do now? N
 I'm at the corner of Main & Mountain
 View
 Visible items: 

Hardware store.

What shall I do now? N
 I'm at the east end of a parking lot

Exits are: North South West 

What shall I do now? W
 I'm at the west end of a parking lot
 Visible items: 

Jet Car.

Exits are: North East 

What shall I do now? GO CAR
 O.K.
 I am in a cockpit of the jet car
 Visible items: 

Dashboard.

Exits are: 

What shall I do now? EXAMINE DASHBOARD 
 I see starter button & glove
 compartment. The cockpit is open Fuel
 gauge reads empty
 What shall I do now? EXAMINE COMPARTMENT
 I got something
 I am in a cockpit of the jet car
 Visible items: 

Dashboard.

Exits are: 

What shall I do now? INVENTORY 
 I'm carrying: 
 Old car battery
 Formula
 Jar of glowing Fluid
 What shall I do now? READ FORMULA 
 Fuel is made from gasoline, sand,
 quartz, catalyst.
 What shall I do now? GET OUT 
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

Jet Car.

What shall I do now? DROP FORMULA
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

Jet Car. Formula.

What shall I do now? N
 I'm on a beach
 Visible items: 

Lifeguard shack. Sand.

Exits are: North South 

What shall I do now? GET SAND
 O.K.
 I'm on a beach
 Visible items: 

Lifeguard shack.

What shall I do now? GO SHACK
 O.K.
 I am in a lifeguard shack
 Visible items: 

Small Ham radio.

What shall I do now? GET RADIO
 O.K.
 I am in a lifeguard shack

What shall I do now? EXAMINE RADIO 
 I see a transmit switch There's no
 battery There's no antenna It's not
 working.
 What shall I do now? E
 I'm on a beach
 Visible items: 

Lifeguard shack.

What shall I do now? N
 I am in a cold shallow lake

Exits are: South East 

What shall I do now? FILL BATTERY 
 O.K.
 What shall I do now? E
 I'm at the foot of a mountain

Exits are: South West 

What shall I do now? S

What shall I do now? W
 Visible items: 

Jet Car. Formula.

What shall I do now? DROP BATTERY
 Visible items: 

Old car battery. Jet Car. Formula.

What shall I do now? E

What shall I do now? S
 View
 Visible items: 

Hardware store.

What shall I do now? S
 Visible items: 

What shall I do now? W
 I'm on Hickory Ave
 Visible items: 

Shed with antenna.

What shall I do now? GO SHED
 I am in a shed full of radio equipment
 Visible items: 

Antenna lead.

What shall I do now? DROP RADIO
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

Small Ham radio. Antenna lead.

What shall I do now? CONNECT ANTENNA 
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

Small Ham radio. Antenna lead.

What shall I do now? N
 I'm on Hickory Ave
 Visible items: 

Shed with antenna.

What shall I do now? E
 Visible items: 

What shall I do now? GO YOYODYNE
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

safe.

What shall I do now? DROP SAND
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

safe. Sand.

What shall I do now? DROP JAR
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

safe. Sand. Jar of glowing Fluid.

What shall I do now? W
 Visible items: 

What shall I do now? N
 View
 Visible items: 

Hardware store.

What shall I do now? GO STORE
 O.K.
 I am in a hardware store
 Visible items: 

Climbers Pick. Hydrometer. Manual hand
 pump. Jumper Cables.

What shall I do now? GET PICK
 O.K.
 I am in a hardware store
 Visible items: 

Hydrometer. Manual hand pump. Jumper
 Cables.

What shall I do now? GET PUMP
 O.K.
 I am in a hardware store
 Visible items: 

Hydrometer. Jumper Cables.

What shall I do now? EXAMINE PUMP 
 I see the hose is 6 ft long
 What shall I do now? GET HYDROMETER
 O.K.
 I am in a hardware store
 Visible items: 

Jumper Cables.

What shall I do now? GET CABLES
 O.K.
 I am in a hardware store

What shall I do now? E
 View
 Visible items: 

Hardware store.

What shall I do now? N

What shall I do now? W
 Visible items: 

Old car battery. Jet Car. Formula.

What shall I do now? CHECK BATTERY 
 Battery tests: Dead
 What shall I do now? DROP HYDROMETER
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

Old car battery. Hydrometer. Jet Car. For
 ula.

What shall I do now? E

What shall I do now? S
 View
 Visible items: 

Hardware store.

What shall I do now? S
 Visible items: 

What shall I do now? S
 I'm at a highway access ramp

Exits are: North South East 

What shall I do now? E
 I am in a field of tall grass

What shall I do now? DIG 
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

large hole.

What shall I do now? EXAMINE HOLE 
 I see an underground phone line.
 What shall I do now? CUT LINE
 I see the line is severed.
 What shall I do now? GET LINE 
 I can't, it's still attached.
 What shall I do now? DIG 
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

large hole. Another large hole.

What shall I do now? CUT LINE
 I see the line is severed.
 What shall I do now? GET LINE 
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

large hole. Another large hole.

What shall I do now? W
 I'm at a highway access ramp

Exits are: North South East 

What shall I do now? N
 Visible items: 

What shall I do now? N
 View
 Visible items: 

Hardware store.

What shall I do now? N

What shall I do now? N

What shall I do now? EXAMINE MOUNTAIN 
 I see a ledge about 15' up with a
 small peak.
 What shall I do now? DROP PUMP
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

Manual hand pump.

What shall I do now? DROP CABLE
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

Manual hand pump. Jumper Cables.

What shall I do now? THROW LINE 
 Visible items: 

Manual hand pump. Phone line dangling
 from above. Jumper Cables.

What shall I do now? TIE LINE
 To what?
 What shall I do now? TO PICK
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

Manual hand pump. Phone line dangling
 from above. Jumper Cables.

What shall I do now? CLIMB LINE 
 O.K.
 I'm on a small mountain ledge
 Visible items: 

Quartz.

Exits are: 

What shall I do now? PULL LINE 
 O.K. I got something
 Visible items: 

Quartz.

Exits are: 

What shall I do now? GET QUARTZ 
 O.K.

Exits are: 

What shall I do now? D
 Visible items: 

Manual hand pump. Jumper Cables.

What shall I do now? DROP PICK
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

Climbers Pick. Manual hand pump. Jumper Cabl
 s.

What shall I do now? DROP LINE
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

Climbers Pick. Manual hand pump. 20 ft
 of phone line. Jumper Cables.

What shall I do now? GET PUMP
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

Climbers Pick. 20 ft of phone line. Jumper Cables.

What shall I do now? GET CABLE
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

Climbers Pick. 20 ft of phone line.

What shall I do now? S

What shall I do now? W
 Visible items: 

ula.

What shall I do now? GET BATTERY
 Visible items: 

Hydrometer. Jet Car. Formula.

What shall I do now? EXAMINE CAR 
 I see The cockpit is open I see power
 terminals, a fuel tank and a jet
 engine connected by a hose.
 What shall I do now? CONNECT CABLES
 To what?
 What shall I do now? TO BATTERY 
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

ula. Jumper Cables.

What shall I do now? GET HOSE 
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

ula. Jumper Cables.

What shall I do now? E

What shall I do now? S
 View
 Visible items: 

Hardware store.

What shall I do now? S
 Visible items: 

What shall I do now? GO STATION
 O.K.
 I am in a Gas Station
 Visible items: 

tank.

What shall I do now? OPEN TOOLBOX 
 I got something
 I am in a Gas Station
 Visible items: 

Gas Pumps. Cashiers Booth. Filler pipe
 to underground gas tank. Open toolbox.

I'm carrying: 
 Key
 Roll of duct tape
 Manual hand pump
 Flashlight (off)
 Quartz
 Fuel hose
 What shall I do now? EXAMINE PIPE 
 I see it's padlocked.
 What shall I do now? UNLOCK PIPE 
 O.K.
 I am in a Gas Station
 Visible items: 

Gas Pumps. Cashiers Booth. Open
 toolbox. Unlocked filler pipe.

What shall I do now? DROP KEY
 O.K.
 I am in a Gas Station
 Visible items: 

toolbox. Key. Unlocked filler pipe.

What shall I do now? CONNECT HOSE 
 tape holds it attached to pump.
 I am in a Gas Station
 Visible items: 

toolbox. Key. Unlocked filler pipe.

What shall I do now? DROP TAPE
 O.K.
 I am in a Gas Station
 Visible items: 

toolbox. Key. Roll of duct tape. Unlocked fil
 er pipe.

What shall I do now? E
 Visible items: 

What shall I do now? GO YOYODYNE
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

safe. Sand. Jar of glowing Fluid.

What shall I do now? GET SAND
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

safe. Jar of glowing Fluid.

What shall I do now? GET JAR 
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

safe.

What shall I do now? LIGHT FLASHLIGHT
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

safe.

What shall I do now? GO STAIRCASE
 O.K.
 I am in a Basement Laboratory
 Visible items: 

Staircase. Mixing vat.

Exits are: 

What shall I do now? DROP QUARTZ
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

Staircase. Quartz. Mixing vat.

Exits are: 

What shall I do now? DROP JAR
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

Staircase. Quartz. Mixing vat. Jar of
 glowing Fluid.

Exits are: 

What shall I do now? DROP SAND
 O.K.
 Visible items: 

Staircase. Quartz. Mixing vat. Sand. Jar of
 glowing Fluid.

Exits are: 

What shall I do now? EXAMINE STAIRCASE
 I see something under stairs, I get
 it.
 Visible items: 

Staircase. Quartz. Mixing vat. Sand. Jar of
 glowing Fluid.

Exits are: 

I'm carrying: 
 Flashlight (on)
 Manual hand pump
 Empty chemical Jug
 What shall I do now? GO STAIRCASE
 Visible items: 

safe.

What shall I do now? UNLIGHT FLASHLIGHT
 O.K.
 It's too dark to see!

What shall I do now? W
 It's dangerous to move in the dark!
 I fell and broke my neck

>
Last edited by lurkio on Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
leenew

Post by leenew »

Ooh! this is getting really close now...

Good detective work =D>

Lee.

Return to “8-bit acorn software: classic adventure games”