ABUG Canada West Meetup #19 May 26 2020 - Socially Distanced for Covid

threads for previous physical ABug events held in Canada
klintworth

ABUG Canada West Meetup #19 May 26 2020 - Socially Distanced for Covid

Post by klintworth »

First time we've met together without an Acorn computer in sight!! :shock: It was a lovely sunny day in North Vancouver, and Ed was dressed for winter!
ABUG May1.jpg
Ed shedding his many winter layers!!

Ed had brought his car in for service, so we met together for a coffee and exchanged useful items. Ed gave me the following - 2 x 6522 VIA chips and some Bondic UV adhesive (I've had trouble mending plastic breaks before).
ABUG May2.jpg
6522 VIA Chips - most useful!

During our (brief) visit to the UK in March I was able to pick up some A3000 chips for Ed. All untested, but hopefully good! A 1meg expansion, a 4Meg expansion and a set of RiscOS 3.1 chips.
ABUG May.jpg
Ed wanted ketchup with his chips!!! :oops:

Finally we had to take the traditional selfie to mark this socially distanced ABUG
ABUG May3.jpg
Thanks, Ed, for the coffee (my reward for finally beating him in the HSC round!!) Looking forward to the next time we meet when we can inaugurate his new Acorn Den in Squamish!
BBC B Issue 4 & 7, BBC B (USA), BBC Master, Electron, BBC Master Compact, Olivetti PC128S, Castle A7000+, A3020, Valiant Turtle, Trekker Robot
oss003

Re: ABUG Canada West Meetup #19 May 26 2020 - Socially Distanced for Covid

Post by oss003 »

Looks like a great meeting despite Covid ......
Maybe you can increase your Canadian ABUG members with 50% .... viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19455&p=270850

Greetings
Kees
tricky

Re: ABUG Canada West Meetup #19 May 26 2020 - Socially Distanced for Covid

Post by tricky »

You two make Canada seem even more welcoming than I found it a few years back when I was over for a graphics conference.

Return to “past physical ABug events (Canada)”