All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #3, Saturday 16th May 2020, 9am - 9pm. Supporting CCfCH. 50 attendees max. NOW FULL!

threads for previous all-day 'virtual' ABug events
Arcadian
Site Admin

Re: All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #3, Saturday 16th May 2020, 9am - 9pm. Supporting CCfCH.

Post by Arcadian »

KenLowe wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:45 pm Please sign me up. I'll be mainly lurking, but available on / off throughout the day to discuss any of my hardware projects:

Integra-B
SCSI host adaptor
1MHz and Tube level shifters
PAL based ROM boards
Ooh, might you be willing to take one of the presenter slots at our next all-dayer, which is due to be confirmed for 6th June? The slots are half-an hour with 15 mins assigned for demonstrations and a further 15 minutes allowance for follow-up questions.

dp11 gave a great presentation about Pi 1Mhz last Saturday, so if you're up for a talk, perhaps you could pick the Integra-B reimplementation?
Please subscribe to the ABug YouTube channel!
KenLowe

Re: All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #3, Saturday 16th May 2020, 9am - 9pm. Supporting CCfCH.

Post by KenLowe »

Arcadian wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:05 pm Ooh, might you be willing to take one of the presenter slots at our next all-dayer, which is due to be confirmed for 6th June? The slots are half-an hour with 15 mins assigned for demonstrations and a further 15 minutes allowance for follow-up questions.

dp11 gave a great presentation about Pi 1Mhz last Saturday, so if you're up for a talk, perhaps you could pick the Integra-B reimplementation?
If you don't mind, I won't commit to that right now. The meet next week will be my first, so let me get a feel for how these things run next week and I'll come back to you.
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

KenLowe wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:37 pm
Arcadian wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:05 pm Ooh, might you be willing to take one of the presenter slots at our next all-dayer, which is due to be confirmed for 6th June? The slots are half-an hour with 15 mins assigned for demonstrations and a further 15 minutes allowance for follow-up questions.

If you don't mind, I won't commit to that right now. The meet next week will be my first, so let me get a feel for how these things run next week and I'll come back to you.
Sure, that's understandable! Hope you enjoy next weekend's 'show' ! :)
SimonSideburns

Post by SimonSideburns »

I'm free on Saturday all day except between around 10-11am, so I'd love to be on the list of attendees.

I'm more than happy to donate to the museum, and if anyone is still interested, I could demonstrate how I removed the mould from some 5.25" floppies (which I didn't get around to showing at our last Saturday session). Shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes.

Will be glued to my laptop screen during pixelblip's presentation.

Due to me being a full time carer for my wife and keeping an ear out for our dog Phoebe, I might have to dip in and out during the day.
Just remember kids, Beeb spelled backwards is Beeb!
sPhilMainwaring

Post by sPhilMainwaring »

Would like to attend all day please Jason

:)
jbnbeeb

Post by jbnbeeb »

KenLowe , SImonSideburns sPhilMainwaring added.

Thanks,
Jason
TimoHartong

Post by TimoHartong »

KenLowe wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:45 pm Please sign me up. I'll be mainly lurking, but available on / off throughout the day to discuss any of my hardware projects:

Integra-B
SCSI host adaptor
1MHz and Tube level shifters
PAL based ROM boards
That sounds very interesting indeed.
Dave Footitt

Post by Dave Footitt »

Sign me up please, I'll be popping in and out :D
klintworth

Post by klintworth »

Sign me up for the afternoon, please! Thanks, Paul
BBC B Issue 4 & 7, BBC B (USA), BBC Master, Electron, BBC Master Compact, Olivetti PC128S, Castle A7000+, A3020, Valiant Turtle, Trekker Robot
jbnbeeb

Post by jbnbeeb »

SarahWalker, Dave Footitt and klintworth added.

We're up to 39 attendees now which is amazing!

This may be revised for virtual future meetups.. but for this one we're going to have a maximum of 50 attendees whilst we still find our feet re ZOOM and the format of these events.

Thanks,
Jason
ComputingHistory

Post by ComputingHistory »

Hello everyone, it's me ... Jason. No, the other one.
No, not that one either ... You're thinking of Jason Statham.
Anyway, It's been such a long time since I've been here :(

Happy to push forward into the brave new world of virtual meetups and will do my part.
I'll go into the museum on Saturday, connect to the Zoom thing and bring the museum to you.

Right, as for this Aneka Rice mallarky .. that ain't happening! I'm sensitive about my bum and besides, the camera's
we have aren't wireless and there will will be nobody else here to hold it. (The camera, not my bum!)

BUT I am happy to get a few bits out of the collection and put them on a desk and point the camera at them!

But as it's only me at the museum advance notice is essential, and nothing is promised! But I will do my best.
So drop me an email with the item name or ID from our website and I'll see what I can do. :)
My email is : jason@computinghistory.org.uk

I am desparately trying to drum up support for the museum from local tech companies (not going well) and am working on
a video and press so have that on my hands too this week, but I promise, I am committed to this event and will be there.

Looking forward to seeing faces at the museum again, even if they are just on a big screen!

See you Saturday, but not until 10am or so !!! (Too many late nights!)

Jason (No, the other one).

Oh! And thank you for your support. It means a huge amount to us!
oss003

Post by oss003 »

Hi Jason, can you also add me to the attendee list?
Thanks.

Greetings
Kees
jbnbeeb

Post by jbnbeeb »

I am happy to get a few bits out of the collection and put them on a desk and point the camera at them!
But as it's only me at the museum advance notice is essential, and nothing is promised! But I will do my best.
Hi everyone - if you would like Jason F to fetch items from the archive at the event (he will be showing them in the 11am and 3pm slots) - may I suggest posting your links here in this thread rather than emailing Jason directly - I can then collate them as one list and forward them to Jason F.

Please post links (or better yet a CH reference) no later than end of Thursday.

- Museum artifacts are catalogued.You can search for them via the "Search_here" box in the top right hand corner of their website: http://www.computinghistory.org.uk .
- If you click through to a specific artifact, a catalogue number should be visible at the bottom of that artifact page.
- Please post the catalogue number in this thread of the item you would like to see.
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

I'm happy to be there for another bout of gaming goodness, probably around 6PM UK time.
Ed...... :-)

3 working Beebs, 1 RetroClinic Master, 1 normal Master, 1 A3010, 1 Pi2 RISC OS, 2 broken Beeb Motherboards, 1 Omnibus A7000+ server, 1 A7000+ Desktop, 1 PET, 1 C64, 1 C128, 1 Amiga 500 and 1 Roamer.
pixelblip

Post by pixelblip »

Yes I will be there everyone. Sorry I should have tested it tonight and fogot to leave my details.
To be honest I'm glad to do a virtual meetup like this as I can never get to the shows at the weekend. We should do more of these.
trevorg

Post by trevorg »

Could you put my name down too please?
I'll be dipping in and out during the day.
Trevor.
Kazzie

Post by Kazzie »

I'd like to join in on Saturday, but may have to cancel at short notice, as I will be running a taxi service to the maternity ward at some point in the next few weeks. :D

With regard to the CCH archive, there's one particular item I'm interested in, though it's not so much of a show-and-tell. It's the Valiant Computer Interface (CH32466), for connecting the Valiant Roamer to a Beeb. As I own both of these, I'd like to know how they're meant to be connected together.

The photo on the website shows a cable with DIN plugs at each end, and an intermediate box in the middle of the cable. I'd like to know what's inside that box, so I can make my own cable to use with my Roamer. (I'm guessing some level shifters?) Or maybe there's a circuit diagram inside the enclosed manual. A dump of the software disk would be great, but I know that'd be pushing my luck!

Like the last Saturday, I should be around for much of the evening once the kids are in bed, but may be able to listen in a bit during the day.
BBC Model B 32K issue 7, Sidewise ROM board with 16K RAM
Archimedes 420/1 upgraded to 4MB RAM, ZIDEFS with 512MB CF card
RiscPC 600 under repair
Acorn System 1 home-made replica
BasV_NL

Post by BasV_NL »

Hi, I would like to join this meeting.

Currently working on the restoration on an Acorn Cambridge Workstation. (And other Acorn machines)
Will pop in and out the meeting during the day.

Kind regards,
Bas Verhoeven
Kind regards, Bas
jbnbeeb

Re: All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #3, Saturday 16th May 2020, 9am - 9pm. Supporting CCfCH. 50 attendees max. Nearly fu

Post by jbnbeeb »

pixelblip, trevorg, kazzie, BasV_NL, mattyj added.

We're nearly full!.. fifty attendees max.

KarateEd you're already added to the list and we're looking forward to your high score competition in this virtual meetup :) !
jbnbeeb

Re: All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #3, Saturday 16th May 2020, 9am - 9pm. Supporting CCfCH. 50 attendees max. Nearly fu

Post by jbnbeeb »

Just a reminder .. I will send Zoom meeting details (the link and password) via PM to each of you on Friday so look out for that :)

Thanks,
Jason
Snuggsy187

Post by Snuggsy187 »

Hi,
Could I have an invite please ?

Will be on and off a lot during the day, very interested in seeing how it all gels together - possible mini presentation in the future.......

Many thanks,
Snuggsy187 (Neil !)
DROP PARCHMENT > POKE LOCK > PULL PARCHMENT > CURSE > BARGE DOOR > GO DOOR
Twitter: @snuggsy187
jbnbeeb

Post by jbnbeeb »

Added you ..
Snuggsy187 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:30 pm Hi,
Could I have an invite please ?

Will be on and off a lot during the day, very interested in seeing how it all gels together - possible mini presentation in the future.......

Many thanks,
Snuggsy187 (Neil !)
jbnbeeb

Post by jbnbeeb »

Arcadian has updated the schedule which you can click to enlarge in the top post.

Thanks,
Jason
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

I've just invited someone from outside of the forum, hopefully they'll sign up soon (in order to receive login details), but for now can you add enemyofchaos to the list (which is the handle I've advised them to register)? Ta. Edit - They've now registered under the username specified! :)
MattH

Post by MattH »

Please sign me up if I'm not too late.

Thanks
Naomasa298

Post by Naomasa298 »

Me please. I'll be there mainly for the afternoon session, just lurking.
Arcadian
Site Admin

Re: All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #3, Saturday 16th May 2020, 9am - 9pm. Supporting CCfCH. 50 attendees max. 1 PLACE L

Post by Arcadian »

As it's late and I doubt jbnbeeb is up(!) I've nipped in to update the attendee list with PaulH plus enemyofchaos, MattH & Naomasa298 and also to make it clear that ...

WE ARE NOW FULL!!!

(The 50 attendees max capacity has been reached ... in fact, if you include 'computinghistory' - Jason F, we're at 51! :shock: )
tricky

Re: All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #3, Saturday 16th May 2020, 9am - 9pm. Supporting CCfCH. 50 attendees max. NOW FULL!

Post by tricky »

I probably shouldn't suggest this, but should there in future maybe be a "no-kitter" equivalent for "listen only" - I know this would be more work for the admins.
BigEd

Re: All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #3, Saturday 16th May 2020, 9am - 9pm. Supporting CCfCH. 50 attendees max. NOW FULL!

Post by BigEd »

I think it's a very good idea. Once there are more faces visible than one can comfortably get on one screen, moderation is going to get much harder. I think 50 attendees is going to prove quite the challenge, to keep things on-topic, to wrap up discussions, to give everyone who wants to a chance to contribute.

Return to “past all-day virtual ABugs”