ABug Scotland (working title) Meeting 4th April 2.00pm

threads for previous all-day 'virtual' ABug events
Rfairman

ABug Scotland (working title) Meeting 4th April 2.00pm

Post by Rfairman »

We are holding our first meeting via Facebook messenger group video call at 2.00.pm Saturday 4th April
Regards

Richard Fairman
Kazzie

Re: ABug Scotland (working title) Meeting 4th April 2.00pm

Post by Kazzie »

For those here that might be interested in joining, what does one need to do?
BBC Model B 32K issue 7, Sidewise ROM board with 16K RAM
Archimedes 420/1 upgraded to 4MB RAM, ZIDEFS with 512MB CF card
RiscPC 600 under repair
Acorn System 1 home-made replica
Rfairman

Post by Rfairman »

The video conference is being used as an alternative to a first local meeting in Glasgow. Too big a video conference would be very difficult to manage If anyone local enough to Scotland who would consider attending future physical meetings please contact me via pm and i will include them in the facebook messenger group are or to a startdot mailing list.
I'm sure other areas of the uk may arrange their own video conferences
Stardot remains the best way for Beeb and Acorn communications
Regards
Richard
gebes

Post by gebes »

I'd certainly be up for a meet or to be added to any mailing list , messenger chat please?
Wheel_nut

Post by Wheel_nut »

Kazzie wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:27 pm For those here that might be interested in joining, what does one need to do?
I would welcome Kazzie as an Expert participant although form outside the title geography.
Like Life, the Beeb is about the Journey, not the Destination
BBC B Issue 7 + 1770 DFS + Dual Floppy; MMFSv2 & 4x16K SWRAM
BBC B Issue 7 + 8271 DFS + Dual Floppy + Speech
BBC B Issue 7 + 8271 DFS + Floppy + PiTubeDirect on KenLowe's Tube Level Shifter
Kazzie

Post by Kazzie »

Wheel_nut wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:46 pm
Kazzie wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:27 pm For those here that might be interested in joining, what does one need to do?
I would welcome Kazzie as an Expert participant although form outside the title geography.
For the avoidance of doubt, I asked the question for everybody else, to prompt Richard to add a few more details. I wasn't actually asking for myself, though I'm flattered by your invitation. :)
BBC Model B 32K issue 7, Sidewise ROM board with 16K RAM
Archimedes 420/1 upgraded to 4MB RAM, ZIDEFS with 512MB CF card
RiscPC 600 under repair
Acorn System 1 home-made replica
Wheel_nut

Post by Wheel_nut »

Kazzie wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:31 pm
Wheel_nut wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:46 pm
For the avoidance of doubt, I asked the question for everybody else, to prompt Richard to add a few more details. I wasn't actually asking for myself, though I'm flattered by your invitation. :)
Hi Kazzie, I hope that Richard's restriction on attendees may be eased once we get back to more normal times and are not limited by the operationsl constraints of Facebook or Zoom conferencing. We had a very well disciplined and productive meeting yesterday and at least one member (Alasdair) could benefit from your diagnostic expertise with his Beeb.

There will always be constraints on the number that can be hosted without taking over a major venue but I would welcome the participation of some of the heavy hitters from outside the territory.

Stay Safe, Robin
BBC B Issue 7 + 8271 DFS + Floppy + PiTubeDirect on KenLowe's Tube Level Shifter
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

We'll have to see how the second virtual ABUG goes, but I'd be wary of having too many people in one conference call. So, one or two special guests might be fine, but a free for all might be unworkable. There's also a question of how it's arranged: is it a circle with everyone equal, or a panel, or a series of lightning talks each with a presenter? Is there a chairperson? If people are to bring a specific topic of discussion, do they get a time slot in which to discuss that thing?
Wheel_nut

Post by Wheel_nut »

BigEd wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:45 pm We'll have to see how the second virtual ABUG goes, but I'd be wary of having too many people in one conference call. So, one or two special guests might be fine, but a free for all might be unworkable. There's also a question of how it's arranged: is it a circle with everyone equal, or a panel, or a series of lightning talks each with a presenter? Is there a chairperson? If people are to bring a specific topic of discussion, do they get a time slot in which to discuss that thing?
Hi BigEd, Our first meeting was strictly by invitation and Richard controlled access and the Agenda. We had One Special Guest as an Observer to see whether this format would be useful in the Netherlands. All Participants had their Microphones Muted until invited to speak by the Chair. All participants were Equal except for the Chair and the Observer. One Vote was taken by a show of hands.

This was essentially a Meet and Greet session but our next meeting will be a Show and Tell which may work differently. However, Richard's intention is to have a pre-published agenda with Items selected by a Poll on the Facebook Page.

I am sure that Richard and others will be along to add to my views. ... Robin
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Very good, thanks for the detail. The ABUGs I've been to - the real-life ones - have the benefit of physical distance, so there can be four or five lively discussions at the same time as two or three quiet chats. At the group meals it all gets quite loud, of course, and only four or five people can manage to join in any given conversation, but once again there are several parallel conversations.

I think we're going to need to converge on some tactics to make it work well. You may be off to a good start.

Return to “past all-day virtual ABugs”