hamstead heath

discussion of bbc/electron text and graphic adventures. level 9, robico & epic were leaders in this field
julian

hamstead heath

Post by julian »

does any1 remeber the adventure game hamstead heath for the acron electron?? any1 know if theres a dowloadable version??<br>
please help im lost without me childhood game i never completed.<br>
any1 know any info please email :<br>
julian1142@hotmail.com<br>
thanks

<p></p><i></i>
Barbara2001

HAMSTEAD HEATH

Post by Barbara2001 »

If you mean HAMPSTEAD by Melbourne House it is available as a zipped BBC Disk image from this site.

<p></p><i></i>
julian

hamstead

Post by julian »

thankyou very much.yes i do mean hamstead by melbourne house.where is it on this site?? can i play it on my pc??<br>
your a big help.many thanks<br>

<p></p><i></i>
Barbara

Hampstead

Post by Barbara »

The disk image is available from this site. To play it on your PC you will also need an emulator, also available from this site. <br>
<br>
The download the game, click on "BBC Micro" in Software section of frame to the left of the screen. Now click on "disk images" in BBC Micro Software Archive section.<br>
<br>
Click on "index by filename" in Disk Image section (large file so may be a bit slow to load).<br>
<br>
Scroll down to "Hampstead.zip (Melbourne House)" and click on to download.<br>
<br>
You will now have to unzip it and put it into the "DiscIms" within the BBC emulator. It is a single-sided disk image and *EXEC !BOOT will run it. Instruction on how to use the various emulators are somewhere on this site, I think.<br>
<br>
I have returned to BeebEmv1.35 after having problems with v1.4 and v1.41. To find a good selection of BBC emulators click on "Emulators" in "Others" section in panel to the left of the screen. Click on BeebEmv1.35 (or any other) in BBC Micro Emulators (PC) section to download. I understand Dave has included all necessary ROMS so you won't have to go searching for them. Unzip, copy disk image(s) into folder and double click on BeebEm.exe file to load emulator. Click on File in top left hand corner, click on Load Disk 0 (window should open), now find your game file and click on file then OPEN to load. You can check files on disc by typing *CAT - if you see !BOOT it will probably work by typing *EXEC !BOOT <return>.<br>
<br>
Hope the above is correct - I'm typing it from memory.<br>
<br>

<p></p><i></i>
Barbara

Re Above message

Post by Barbara »

Sorry about typos - been a long day of wrapping presents and putting up decorations.<br>
<br>
Just thought you may have a bit of trouble finding the * key when in BBC mode - it is SHIFT plus @ (at least in the BeebEm emulator).

<p></p><i></i>

Return to “adventures”