ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 - discount hotel booking

threads for previous physical ABug events held in the UK
JudgeBeeb

ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 - discount hotel booking

Post by JudgeBeeb »

As explained previously, I will start taking bookings for the meet up from Saturday 28 September 2019. This has not changed.

However, those who attended the event last year will recall that sbadger helpfully identified a discount code for the hotel which significantly reduced the cost of a room at the hotel with breakfast.

I have now identified a code for this year and it seemed sensible to advise you of this straight away rather than delaying until the end of the week.

The code is WIN19SALE and can be used on the hotel's website here. With the code, the cost of a room on a single occupancy basis with breakfast is £75. (To be clear, that is £75 in total for the whole weekend - and not £75 per night). On a double occupancy basis, the cost rises to £110.

At present, the hotel appears to have a total of 28 rooms available at this rate.
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?
danielj

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 - discount hotel booking

Post by danielj »

I'm struggling with the T&Cs on this - it says "best rate" rooms are non-refundable or amendable, but this says it's not billed until after departure, and there's nothing in the T&Cs about "seasonal discount" rooms! Is it amendable/refundable or not?

d.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Not checked the T&Cs, but in the past (not necessarily this hotel) I have come across conditions that say you will be charged on the last day of your stay or the next working day if you have not booked in and out. So if the cancellation policy is that you will still be charged, it just means they will take payment later rather than upfront.

Not sure how helpful that answer is mind...

I normally go for the lower, no refund option on the basis that once I decide on attending, I stick with it. But then, my employer can’t change my days off (once agreed) and I don’t have any dependents.

Mark
JudgeBeeb

Post by JudgeBeeb »

I booked a room yesterday. Unfortunately, the confirmation email provided no greater clarity.

Given that I am organising the event, there is little chance of my cancelling the book. However, I inadvertently booked a room for single occupancy, and they happily amended the booking this morning to double occupancy on the same deal (albeit at the higher double occupancy rate). So some kind of amendment seems possible. They then sent me a differently formatted confirmation email which included the following:
All rates are non-refundable and the whole amount of your stay will be charged to the credit card number taken at the time of booking. If your booking has been made on the Flexible rate then it can be cancelled up to 2pm on the day prior to arrival with out any charge. In the event of a no-show the whole amount of the stay will be charged to the credit card number taken at the time of booking.
You could try phoning (0345 608 6040) and asking. But I think it is best to assume that the rate is non-refundable.
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?
danielj

Post by danielj »

Weirdly it doesn't say that in the T&Cs - no matter :) - I intend to be there :D

d.
thearttrooper

Post by thearttrooper »

Thank you for the discount code. I'm in. Now waiting for the 28th and the sign-up thread.
mattyj

Post by mattyj »

I’ve just booked a double room for Emma and I, so i guess i’m attending 👍
JudgeBeeb

Post by JudgeBeeb »

The booking thread for this event is now open here.

Return to “past physical ABug events (UK)”