Wakefield RISC OS show 27/4/19

threads relating to past classic gaming/computing events
sydney

Re: Wakefield RISC OS show 27/4/19

Post by sydney »

JonC wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:20 pm
sydney wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:31 pm If there is no interest I'll be trying to borrow a master from someone so that I can demonstrate some of the great stuff that has been released lately such as Stunt Car Racer and Prince of Persia. Also possibly try to get Double Phantom up and running.
Did you manage to sort a Master? If not I can pop round with mine (I only live 30 mins away). :lol:
I did not.
Since shawty will be sharing the table I was just going to use one machine but I've been looking at past events and I reckon we'll be able to fit his books and 2 machines on the table so I'll happily use your master. Does it have a gotek or mmc card fitted?
JonC

Post by JonC »

sydney wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:44 pm
sydney wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:31 pm If there is no interest I'll be trying to borrow a master from someone so that I can demonstrate some of the great stuff that has been released lately such as Stunt Car Racer and Prince of Persia. Also possibly try to get Double Phantom up and running.
Did you manage to sort a Master? If not I can pop round with mine (I only live 30 mins away). :lol:
I did not.
Since shawty will be sharing the table I was just going to use one machine but I've been looking at past events and I reckon we'll be able to fit his books and 2 machines on the table so I'll happily use your master. Does it have a gotek or mmc card fitted?
No fraid not, not got round to it yet.
RobC

Post by RobC »

I can bring a spare Master if needed - just let me know what sort of kit is needed with it.
shawty

Post by shawty »

sydney wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:44 pm
I did not.
I should think so, I'll get all the books out I'm bringing at the weekend, and give you a rough idea of how many there are. If need be, we can always just put them on the table a few at a time and rotate them as the day goes on.
Been around I.T. since the Beeb was born, maybe you've seen me around :D
daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins »

shawty wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:29 pmI should think so, I'll get all the books out I'm bringing at the weekend, and give you a rough idea of how many there are. If need be, we can always just put them on the table a few at a time and rotate them as the day goes on.
There'll be a few tables with a 'spare' corner for books, I'm sure . . .

Dave H :D
Available: ARA II : ARA III-JR/PR : ABR : AP5 : AP6 : ABE : ATI : MGC : Plus 1 Support ROM : Plus 3 2nd DA : Prime's Plus 3 ROM/RAM : Pegasus 400 : Prime's MRB : ARCIN32 : Cross-32
sydney

Post by sydney »

Mark Haysman is bringing some components to help reduce noise on the audio output from my master. Anyone willing to desolder one small ic and 3 tantalum capacitors for me? I'll happily solder the new ones myself but I almost killed a beeb last year trying to remove a video ula so I'd rather leave it to someone competent.
danielj

Post by danielj »

Yup.
IanS

Post by IanS »

danielj wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:59 am I'll be along! :) Not sure what I'm doing, but I think we'll be having the Archimedes Version of Mary Rose running along with some other shenanigans...
According to the website there is also someone called David Jameson exhibiting, is he related?
https://www.wakefieldshow.org.uk/exhibitors.php#181
danielj

Post by danielj »

IanS wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:00 pm According to the website there is also someone called David Jameson exhibiting, is he related?
https://www.wakefieldshow.org.uk/exhibitors.php#181
*strokes chin*
andrewvideo

Post by andrewvideo »

I am bring my BBC Master. I have the PiTubeDirect, Turbo MMC (Games), Switchable-Multi-OS and RobC going to fit the VideoNuLA board for me. People are welcome to use my Computer on the day after RobC fit the VideoNuLA . I can't bring a Screen as I am coming from Sheffield on the train.
andrewvideo

Post by andrewvideo »

I am been cheecky. Would be anyone coming from Sheffield? It's posbile to have a lift please. :D.
shawty

Post by shawty »

andrewvideo wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:58 pm I am been cheecky. Would be anyone coming from Sheffield? It's posbile to have a lift please. :D.
You might want to ask Johnathan Harston, depends on where he's at at the moment though.
andrewvideo

Post by andrewvideo »

That's funny just been looking for a Teletext editor and looks likes Johnathan Harston made it and he lives not too far from me if he stills lives in sheffield. His Address is on the Program for registing. Small world.
MadeGray

Post by MadeGray »

I’m going to pop along for the Saturday be good to say hello to some of the people on this forum and I probably owe Daniel and Mark H a pint or two as well!
John Gray

BBC Master x2 with BeebSCSI, PI copro etc and lots of Goteks. A few Model B’s and a trusty Elk. Won’t mention the ZX80 and ZX81!
trixster

Post by trixster »

I should be able to make it down hopefully.

I’ll bring my Master as RobC is kindly going to fit a videonula to it. It’s got PoP and SCR on it, plus a version of a cool wip RobC is going to demo

I’ll bring along my Atom too as it’d be nice to demonstrate hoglet’s amazing Atom rgbtohdmi Adapter
Last edited by trixster on Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shawty

Post by shawty »

OOOooo, Ijust found a couple of old tape/cassettes, that i THINK might have data on them, anyone up for trying to read them if there is?
danielj

Post by danielj »

I won't have any tape-gear with me.
MadeGray

Post by MadeGray »

I can bring up an acorn data recorder and cable if that helps?
John Gray

BBC Master x2 with BeebSCSI, PI copro etc and lots of Goteks. A few Model B’s and a trusty Elk. Won’t mention the ZX80 and ZX81!
sydney

Post by sydney »

I'll pop mine in the boot. It's not been used since the last time I was in Cambridge!
danielj

Post by danielj »

trixster wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:37 am I should be able to make it down hopefully.
Do you want me to bring your beebscsi there rather than post it on Tuesday(ish)?

d.
MadeGray

Post by MadeGray »

Yep Daniel I grab Saturday. No problem sir.
John Gray

MadeGray

Post by MadeGray »

Sorry lol wasn’t for me 😂
John Gray

danielj

Post by danielj »

MadeGray wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:19 pm Sorry lol wasn’t for me 😂
EagerBeaver!
:D
shawty

Post by shawty »

I'll bring said tapes with me, and whoever has any gear with them, is more than welcome to try and see what's on them.

I think thier data, but I don't own any kind of tape deck, hifi or otherwise to check them, so they could be 80's radio/pop mixes or some crap like that :-)
jgharston

Post by jgharston »

shawty wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:01 pm I'll bring said tapes with me, and whoever has any gear with them, is more than welcome to try and see what's on them.

I think thier data, but I don't own any kind of tape deck, hifi or otherwise to check them, so they could be 80's radio/pop mixes or some crap like that :-)
I found a bunch of tapes in my basement, and left them in the bedroom to acclimatise before testing them. The first five turned out to be my Japanese Spoken Language tutorials from university.... :)

Code: Select all

$ bbcbasic
PDP11 BBC BASIC IV Version 0.45
(C) Copyright J.G.Harston 1989,2005-2024
>_
Kazzie

Post by Kazzie »

jgharston wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:38 pm
shawty wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:01 pm I'll bring said tapes with me, and whoever has any gear with them, is more than welcome to try and see what's on them.

I found a bunch of tapes in my basement, and left them in the bedroom to acclimatise before testing them. The first five turned out to be my Japanese Spoken Language tutorials from university.... :)
Maybe if you wired your cassette player into the phrase ROM slot, your Beeb could speak Japanese! :lol:
BBC Model B 32K issue 7, Sidewise ROM board with 16K RAM
Archimedes 420/1 upgraded to 4MB RAM, ZIDEFS with 512MB CF card
RiscPC 600 under repair
Acorn System 1 home-made replica
trixster

Post by trixster »

danielj wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:17 pm
trixster wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:37 am I should be able to make it down hopefully.
Do you want me to bring your beebscsi there rather than post it on Tuesday(ish)?

d.
Good idea sir! Yep, that’ll save you a job
shawty

Post by shawty »

Much Lolz :-[)
shawty

Post by shawty »

shawty wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:15 pm

Ok, that ascii / smily thing didn't turn out the way I expected!!!
jgharston

Post by jgharston »

shawty wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:16 pm
shawty wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:15 pm
Ok, that ascii / smily thing didn't turn out the way I expected!!!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Code: Select all

$ bbcbasic
PDP11 BBC BASIC IV Version 0.45
(C) Copyright J.G.Harston 1989,2005-2024
>_

Return to “past events & exhibitions”