Wakefield RISC OS show 27/4/19

threads relating to past classic gaming/computing events
helpful

Re: Wakefield RISC OS show 27/4/19

Post by helpful »

sydney wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:22 pmThere are usually a few kids there who have a go on the games and end up getting their dads to have a go too but there was only 1 that I saw yesterday so my stand was pretty quiet.
They were all next door playing games on the AMCOG stand :lol:
RISC OS User Group Of London - https://www.rougol.jellybaby.net/
RISC OS London Show - https://www.riscoslondonshow.co.uk/
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

helpful wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:55 am
sydney wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:22 pmThere are usually a few kids there who have a go on the games and end up getting their dads to have a go too but there was only 1 that I saw yesterday so my stand was pretty quiet.
That link gets me only this error message
Error 403: Forbidden
(Generated by '/news/uploaded/2019/wakefield/12.jpg')

Your browser requested a page which is not available to the public, or are trying to link directly to an image file which is not allowed on this domain.
:(

Mark
shawty

Post by shawty »

1024MAK wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:40 am
helpful wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:55 am
That link gets me only this error message
Error 403: Forbidden
(Generated by '/news/uploaded/2019/wakefield/12.jpg')

Your browser requested a page which is not available to the public, or are trying to link directly to an image file which is not allowed on this domain.
:(

Mark
Yea same here, drives me mad when web owners do things like that, you'll have to go all the way to the front page, then click through all the links to get to the right news article and photo, before you can finally click the photo to view it full size.
Been around I.T. since the Beeb was born, maybe you've seen me around :D
daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins »

I've just realised that there wasn't an issue of Archive available this year :( Usually look forward to reading through it the day after the show . . .

Dave H :D
Available: ARA II : ARA III-JR/PR : ABR : AP5 : AP6 : ABE : ATI : MGC : Plus 1 Support ROM : Plus 3 2nd DA : Prime's Plus 3 ROM/RAM : Pegasus 400 : Prime's MRB : ARCIN32 : Cross-32
shawty

Post by shawty »

daveejhitchins wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:09 pm I've just realised that there wasn't an issue of Archive available this year :( Usually look forward to reading through it the day after the show . . .

Dave H :D
I didn't even realise that was still printed!!!
RobC

Post by RobC »

daveejhitchins wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:09 pm I've just realised that there wasn't an issue of Archive available this year :( Usually look forward to reading through it the day after the show . . .
Unfortunately, Jim Nagel was ill. He sent out an e-mail just before the show to say that he'd gone down with a bug but also said that the latest issue would go in the post after the show.
richardtoohey

Post by richardtoohey »

shawty wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:32 am Yea same here, drives me mad when web owners do things like that, you'll have to go all the way to the front page, then click through all the links to get to the right news article and photo, before you can finally click the photo to view it full size.
In Firefox if you clicked on the link, just go up to the address bar, click on it to get input focus and press Enter - it will draw the image properly.

Or just clicking on the link & refresh might do the same.
shawty

Post by shawty »

richardtoohey wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:28 am
shawty wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:32 am Yea same here, drives me mad when web owners do things like that, you'll have to go all the way to the front page, then click through all the links to get to the right news article and photo, before you can finally click the photo to view it full size.
In Firefox if you clicked on the link, just go up to the address bar, click on it to get input focus and press Enter - it will draw the image properly.

Or just clicking on the link & refresh might do the same.
Interesting.....

I wonder if that's a "feature" built into thier CMS then to discourage "deep linking".... (Sorry, I switched to web developer mode for a minute there...)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

richardtoohey wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:28 am
Works for Safari on iOS as well. Thanks Richard =D>

Mark

Return to “past events & exhibitions”