Repton Thru Time Problem

having trouble with an archived file? post in here!
barbarossa69

Repton Thru Time Problem

Post by barbarossa69 »

Hi, I was trying to play Repton Thru Time from the archive, and I had a problem when I tried to load a different scenario, e.g. "Now".

Kept getting error "Disk Fault 18 at 00/00"

This happens if I try and play online, and also if I download the file and try and play it through Beeb-Em. (Except the error is different - Disk Fault 1E at 00/00)

Any suggestions?
Last edited by barbarossa69 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
billcarr2005

Re: Repton Thru Time Problem

Post by billcarr2005 »

Thought it might just be an Acorn DFS error, but happen with my setup on BeebEM with Watford DFS too...
The error codes are "Sector not found" and "Drive not present/drive empty" :(

It's possible that (if?) it's been modified to work with the Datacentre, it's broken something else along the way.

Here's a deprotected version from the original disk. :)
Attachments
REPTON THRU TIME.zip
REPTON THRU TIME
(53.96 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Last edited by billcarr2005 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
barbarossa69

Post by barbarossa69 »

Thanks - that worked perfectly! :)
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

barbarossa69 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:30 amI was trying to play Repton Thru Time from the archive, and I had a problem when I tried to load a different scenario, e.g. "Now". Kept getting error "Disk Fault 18 at 00/00" This happens if I try and play online, and also if I download the file and try and play it through Beeb-Em. (Except the error is different - Disk Fault 1E at 00/00)
billcarr2005 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:02 amThought it might just be an Acorn DFS error, but happen with my setup on BeebEM with Watford DFS too... The error codes are "Sector not found" and "Drive not present/drive empty" :( It's possible that (if?) it's been modified to work with the Datacentre, it's broken something else along the way. Here's a deprotected version from the original disk.

Thanks, BillC. Your copy of Repton Thru Time, including the level-editor, has now been uploaded to bbcmicro.co.uk:

We've lost the on-screen instructions from the previous copy, but we've gained a working game! (But maybe the instructions can be added to BillC's working copy that's now live at bbcmicro.co.uk?)

:idea:
Last edited by lurkio on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

My copy on Disc045 with the instructions has now been fixed and reposted in section 4 on the 30th Anniversary thread.
The fault was only on my copy of this game and did not affect any of the other Repton 3 games.
Mick.

Return to “archive issues”