Missing BBC Games HELP REQUIRED!

request software or documentation that you can't find online
iamaran

Re: Missing BBC Games HELP REQUIRED!

Post by iamaran »

Dave_E wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:34 am Just as an aside, I notice that Haunted House is by Steve Lucas and uses the same engine as Puss In Boots that he sent to A&B Computing at about the same time.
And appears identical to The House on Misty Hill for the Spectrum, as published in for ZX Spectrum in Games Computing, July 1984! Lee will know for certain though because he ported the latter to the beeb last year.
leenew

Post by leenew »

Yeah, I will try to take a look at them both ASAP.
Steve Lucas was years ahead of his time when it came to recycling...

Lee.
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

Dave_E wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:45 pm I did dig out the Crossword Puzzler cassette. However, there seems to be some issue with it. Unfortunately, although it rewinds and fast forwards, whenever I attempt to play it, it doesn't spool. I have had this issue a few times with other cassettes and often they work with a different tape recorder. Unfortunately this one doesn't work with any of my tape recorders, so it looks like I'll have to either post the original to someone else for him to have a go, or try again some other time when I do have access to a different tape recorder.
PM sent.

:idea:
fuzzel

Post by fuzzel »

I've come across a program called LIGHTBIKES on one of my old tapes which could possible be this game:
http://bbcmicro.co.uk/game.php?id=3782
Attached is a disc with all of the cassette tape files on, LIGHTBI is the filename on the disc (unfortunately no REM statement to confirm it is that lost game).
DH Tape 6B.ssd
(62.5 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
joachim

Post by joachim »

I can't find any evidence of this game in the usual sources: "Danté's Inferno" from Vanadis Software.

(Source: Acorn User, December 1987)
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 10.25.21 PM.png
leenew

Post by leenew »

I have said it before, but it amazes me that how ever many times these mags have been trawled, new adverts are spotted!
Never heard of this - I will add it to the missing list....
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14458

Lee.
fuzzel

Post by fuzzel »

Funnily enough I'm in Oxford today so I may (or may not) knock on the door and enquire about a copy. There must be lots of missing games that were reviewed in magazines and maybe some time in the future one of those reviewers will pop in to say hello and kindly upload their stash of games. Or did they have to return their review copies to the magazines? Not sure how it worked.
OneSwitch

Post by OneSwitch »

Please add "Brilliant Computing's BreakTime Games" to the list. It's one I've been looking for for years.
BBC BreakTime Games.JPG
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

Hi all,
Did anyone ever manage to confirm if the Light Bikes game on the DH Tape 6B is the missing game from Model B Computing?

This game is actually quite good and its a shame there is no REMs to acknowledge where it came from.
Mick.

Return to “archive requests”