Name this game

reminisce about classic bbc micro and acorn electron games here
Related forum: adventures

Lorfarius

Name this game

Post by Lorfarius »

Back in my youth, a long, long time ago! I remember playing a text based adventure at school. An educational title, it revolved around earning money and getting a job. You start off in your bedroom with a shout from your mother to get up. When you went downstairs you could earn a whole £1 off your mother if you do the washing up. After this bit you went on a journey to the job centre.

whilst there you could claim your dole and be confronted by an old friend who would try to convince you to help steal the lead off a church roof.

Sounds odd doesnt it? I swear Im not making this up as I remember playing it way back in the early 90's. Any ideas?
The North's answer to the Retro Scene:

www.retronorth.co.uk

Tickets Sold out
Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius »

There was alos a bit in it about breaking into a Post Office.

www.retronorth.co.uk

Tickets Sold out
Beeby

Post by Beeby »

I don't recognise the game, but it sounds great! Whatever happened to old-school ideas like this in games? Imagine a game like that on the PS3 with shit-hot graphics. Set it in the 1970's. Fab!
RETRTOKID

Post by RETRTOKID »

Hi, could the game be Hamsted by Melbourne House, this had bit in where you claimed your dole, though Im not sure about nicking lead of church roofs. Or maybee Dodgy Geezer also by Melbourne house, this sounds like it had robbing in it.[/b]
RETRTOKID

Post by RETRTOKID »

Its not Hampstead (Spelt correct this time). Ive just checked my solutions and theres nothing about 'Washing dish's' or 'Robbing Post Offices'. Its not Dodg Geezers either as ive had a quick look at that one. Back to square one, but I do remember a game were, you could steal lead of a church roof. Is there anything else you remember.
Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius »

RETRTOKID wrote:Its not Hampstead (Spelt correct this time). Ive just checked my solutions and theres nothing about 'Washing dish's' or 'Robbing Post Offices'. Its not Dodg Geezers either as ive had a quick look at that one. Back to square one, but I do remember a game were, you could steal lead of a church roof. Is there anything else you remember.
The Post Office might have been a corner shop. Thinking and really scraping the memory barrel I seem to remember you had a choice of stealing the cash till or cigarettes from behind a counter.

Another part I remember is when you go down to the dole office a strange man in a car pulls up. If you get into it with him its game over.

www.retronorth.co.uk

Tickets Sold out
RETRTOKID

Post by RETRTOKID »

Really has me confused now, sounds a real strange game. Well have to consult my archives about this one.
Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius »

RETRTOKID wrote:Really has me confused now, sounds a real strange game. Well have to consult my archives about this one.
Was an educational text adventure. Sorry I cant give yo any more details besides you always started the game in bed. I think it happened over several days. Monday to Sunday, you oily had so long to get yourself sorted/stay above a threshold of money.

www.retronorth.co.uk

Tickets Sold out
Moist_Mog

Post by Moist_Mog »

Doesn't ring any bells, but it makes me laugh that you used to play this at school??!!

Blimeh :)
Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius »

Moist_Mog wrote:Doesn't ring any bells, but it makes me laugh that you used to play this at school??!!

Blimeh :)
It was brought in by the careers advisor person. From what I remember the idea was to get work and earn money in a respectable way. Life lesson etc.

www.retronorth.co.uk

Tickets Sold out

Return to “8-bit acorn software: classic games”