ABUG EAST MIDLANDS (Winter Warmer) 17-19 November 2017 (Leicestershire) BOOKING THREAD

threads for previous physical ABug events held in the UK
sbadger

Re: ABUG EAST MIDLANDS (Winter Warmer) 17-19 November 2017 (Leicestershire) BOOKING THREAD

Post by sbadger »

kieranhj wrote:sbadger & I aiming to be with you all about 10.30am Saturday. I will be trying out POP on my Master (maybe doing some work on it), asking RobC nicely to fit my NULA and likely looking at implementing the NULA scrolling functionality into b-em.
Super exicted, all kit packed and ready - Bringing a ebay win master with some unknown card (think prob genlock) to have a look at. Beeb to fit zif, RiscPC mobo to replace SIMM sockets and battery repair. and if time (and assuming I don't get lynched for bringing) a Spectrum Toastrack to recap. +laptop to maybe carry on software projects ongoing.
So many projects, so little time...
jgharston

Re: ABUG EAST MIDLANDS (Winter Warmer) 17-19 November 2017 (Leicestershire) BOOKING THREAD

Post by jgharston »

Finally got intertubes connection! Plenty of people here. :)

Code: Select all

$ bbcbasic
PDP11 BBC BASIC IV Version 0.45
(C) Copyright J.G.Harston 1989,2005-2024
>_
jgharston

Post by jgharston »

sbadger wrote:
jgharston wrote:I've been trying to download the Pico package from here https://www.riscosopen.org/content/sales/risc-os-pico for the last week, and keep getting no connection. Does anybody know of an alternative download (or already have it)?
this one?
That looks like it, ta! The link to RO-Open still gives me a bad connection, but your attached zip downloads fine. I'll have a look at it later.

$ bbcbasic
>_
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

Setting off now hopefully be there around 8 traffic pending.
Please subscribe to the ABug YouTube channel!
leenew

Post by leenew »

I know some of you are fetching duplicate magazines. If anyone has any spares of the following Micro User magazines it would help bbcmicro.co.uk fill in some info.

Vol.2 issues 1,2
Vol. 3 issues 11,12
Vol.4 issues 1 to 10
Vol.9 issues 11,12

Maybe John Flaxcottage could retrieve them if there are any, and I will get them from John... :wink:

Lee.
RobC

Post by RobC »

If it's any use, there are scans of the Micro User on 8bs:
http://8bs.com/tmucovers.htm
jgharston

Post by jgharston »

First pictures from the meet:
https://youtu.be/zkaM0GUSZrA

$ bbcbasic
>_
leenew

Post by leenew »

RobC wrote:If it's any use, there are scans of the Micro User on 8bs:
http://8bs.com/tmucovers.htm
I refer you here sir: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14038&p=185985&hilit=Mags#p185895

Lee.
roland

Post by roland »

He guys,

Enjoy your weekend. I hope to meet you again next year at some ABUG meeting.
And please don't forget to post any pictures [-o<
FPGAtom: 512 KB RAM, Real Time Clock and 64 colours
MAN WOMAN :shock:
paulv

Post by paulv »

Just loading up. Will definitely need help unloading when I get there :-o

Paul
oss003

Post by oss003 »

Yes guys, enjoy the weekend and In can't wait tot see photo's........ 8)

Greetings
Kees
oss003

Post by oss003 »

Nice job =D> =D>
Is this on a BBC- or a System 5 fileserver, level 1 or 2 (or higher)?

I'm very interested to see the econet packages that are send, can you monitor the data?

Greetings
Kees
nudelooney

Post by nudelooney »

Anyone here able to help me get AMX Super Art running on BeebEm? I want to be able to grab graphical printer data for an Epson-emulator project.
paulv

Post by paulv »

I'd just like to day thanks to everyone today for helping me out when needed. I've enjoyed every minute of the day and will definitely be attending more in the future.

I managed to get my BeebOPL made up finally and the headers on my two matchbox co-processors sorted so I can finally start listening to the new sounds of glorious FM synthesis whilst updating my co-pro's with the latest images.

It's not every day you get to recap a genuine AIV Domesday Master either so that was fun although I'm not sure I like working on Master PSU's as much as the Beeb ones, they're a bit too fiddly for my numb fingers now :-o Also on the Domesday front, it was sad to see that my custom cable soldering was in vain for the genlock device hooked up to the Domesday recreation, damn you, inverted polarity sync signal :lol: Still, it's such a great project to see in the flesh!

Paul
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

Obligatory meal photo!

Sadly it was taken a little too late to catch some folks (including John D, Andy B, Mark S and paulv - who it was really good to catch up with again!!).

I managed to miss Phill HS (at the bar - where else? ;) ) too!

Anyway, another top gathering, thanks Alex for organising - and there's still another day to go, w00t!
Attachments
ABug_EastMidlands_SatEveMeal_171118_crop.jpg
Please subscribe to the ABug YouTube channel!
oss003

Post by oss003 »

Hi Phill,

I just had a look at *VIEW and there are some calls to the econet #Axxx rom which make no sense in the 3.50 rom. It could be that this *VIEW was ment to be used with the v3.1 Atom Econet rom as mentioned in the user guide.
Attachments
econet4.png
sPhilMainwaring

Post by sPhilMainwaring »

Hi Kees ... yes this is the conclusion we came to.

We got to the point of logging in, *DIR, *CAT, LOAD, SAVE, *LOAD and executing *VIEW and *REMOTE but then getting not listening errors

If only we knew someone who was good at disassembling and reprogramming 6502 code :-P
jgharston

Post by jgharston »

sPhilMainwaring wrote:Hi Kees ... yes this is the conclusion we came to.
We got to the point of logging in, *DIR, *CAT, LOAD, SAVE, *LOAD and executing *VIEW and *REMOTE but then getting not listening errors
If only we knew someone who was good at disassembling and reprogramming 6502 code :-P
*PROT and *UNPROT work perfectly.... but then all they do is LDA #num:STA flag:RTS ;)

$ bbcbasic
>_
oss003

Post by oss003 »

Maybe this is some software to test econet on Linux ..... http://bjh21.me.uk/aund/

Greetings
Kees
oss003

Post by oss003 »

sPhilMainwaring wrote:Hi Kees ... yes this is the conclusion we came to.

I'm sure we can get this running but first econet transmission has to be clear how it works ....... :)

Greetings
Kees
flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage »

Back from a great meet, thanks. It was intense! :D =D> =D>

Best tip of the meet was from JGH; use wildcards in the *DIR command. It is so simple and obvious when one knows. I am now thinking why have I gone 30+ years without knowing that!! :oops: :lol:
- John

Check out the Educational Software Archive at www.flaxcottage.com
danielj

Post by danielj »

Back in Manchester - fantastic meet - thank you to Alex for organising! Absolutely loads going on. No magic smoke released, so I think that's a major win all round :)

d.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

After a 155 mile drive, I'm back home. A smooth drive mostly on motorway and dual carriageway.

Agree that it was another excellent event :D
So once again, thanks Alex =D>

Got two Beeb PSU's serviced, and fixed one of the Beeb's. And started investigating the Euro-Beeb. Started by replacing the Rifa X2 capacitors (all three) in the PSU.
On test, with no cards fitted, the 5V rail was between 5.5V and 5.7V (it increased slowly as it warmed up), but when tested with a 12V 4W lamp (drawing about 200mA) it was within specification at 5.2V.

I'll post more, plus a load of photos later...

Mark
cmorley

Post by cmorley »

A great meet up and wonderful to put some faces to screen names. A great mix up of people who love restoring Acorn machines (and other fruits ;)), developers of new hardware projects, software projects, new games and people who just enjoy using and tinkering with their kit.

Many thanks Alex!
sixxdog_uk

Post by sixxdog_uk »

THANKS GUYS!
Thanks to all that attended ABUG this weekend , it all seemed to go really nicely , and lots of cool stuff was done (None of it by me) :mrgreen:
Any comments or observations please fire away (Be gentle). I'm particularly interested in how people found the two room setup.
But big cheers to you all , as otherwise it would be me standing in an empty room , asking myself stupid questions. =D> =D> =D> =D>
JudgeBeeb

Post by JudgeBeeb »

Alex, my only complaint would be that it ended. :lol: :lol:

Brilliant time. So good to see so many friendly faces and such amazing projects. Once again, I regret being too involved in my own project and not spending enough time with others.

Bring it on again soon please.
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

sixxdog_uk wrote:as otherwise it would be me standing in an empty room , asking myself stupid questions. =D> =D> =D> =D>
Careful what you wish for Alex, you may find people would pay money for that :shock: (although it may be more like people tossing coppers at you :lol: ).

@Robert, you were making progress, learning and having a good time. That's got to be good in anyone's book :wink: :D

Thanks also to Chris and to Jason for the bits that they brought along for me :D =D>

I hope to see everyone at the next ABUG East Midlands meet :mrgreen:

Mark

Return to “past physical ABug events (UK)”