b2 - new emulator

discuss bbc micro and electron emulators (including mame) here!
tom_seddon

Re: b2 - new emulator

Post by tom_seddon »

Apologies - this part of b2's UX is not great! I do intend to try to improve it, by making what are currently called direct disk images more obviously the default. And I'll rename the current disk image to "RAM disk image" (or similar) - this will remain relevant, as the timeline feature relies on it, but there's no need for it to sound like it's the default case. 99% of the time, you will want your changes to be saved to the image as you make them.

--Tom
scruss

Post by scruss »

I'm completely fine (now) with the way it is. My Amstrad CPC emulator of choice (Arnold) does the same thing
egrath

Post by egrath »

Hi,

it seems that the command line options for attaching a direct-image are ignored/not implemented. Running b2 with:

Code: Select all

b2 -0 ~/path/to/my/image
works, but using

b2 --0-direct ~/path/to/my/image
gives the error: "unexpected other arg".

Issue has been opened at github for it: https://github.com/tom-seddon/b2/issues/326

With kind regards,
Egon

/edit: Nevermind, I used to command line wrong. You have to specifiy:

b2 -0 disk.ssd --0-direct
>>>>>>>>>>>Lets go
Stainy

Post by Stainy »

tricky wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:52 pm
Stainy wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:49 pm
tom_seddon wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:14 pm

Unfortunately you can currently only map PC keys to BBC keys, and PC joystick/gamepad to BBC joystick - there's no option to treat PC joystick/gamepad as BBC keys, or use keys to control joystick games. I do intend to fix this at some point!

--Tom

That would be excellent!! I`m surprised that none of the main emulators have this .. I remember the Open Pandora version had it.. and it was per game as well.. I loved that idea.
I thought that I posted a version of Beebem with this, but don't know if the code was ever included in the GitHub version.
You did, but it had this weird game selector that was a bit clunky...

Return to “8-bit acorn emulators”