New Adventures?

development and releases of new/rewritten text adventures
lurkio

Re: New Adventures?

Post by lurkio »

danielj wrote:Single sided drives are for wimps. [-X :D
I'm not ashamed of being a wimp!

Anyway, much to my own amazement, I've managed to get Part 1 of Raven Wood running off a single .SSD, with apparently enough space left on the disc -- just!? -- for the necessary additions to the programs for Parts 2 and 3 ($.RW2 and $.RW3), which are pending:
(That video, recorded in Mac BeebEm, seems slightly faster than realtime, for some reason, but not by much.)

Shoutout to tricky for his amazing compressor/decompressor code, which works really well and is incredibly fast when decompressing pictures on the Beeb!

I won't upload the disc-image unless John gives me the go-ahead because it's still a work in progress and I don't want to release a version of someone else's game that I broke! 8-[

:idea:

[EDIT: "Out of memory" error in Part 1. Damn.]
Last edited by lurkio on Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
tricky

Post by tricky »

Thanks, I'm really glad to see it being used =D>, apart from the ROM version of Frogger, I don't think I have used it for anything.
Well done for persevering with the page based loader.
Dethmunk

Post by Dethmunk »

:shock: That's awesome
I'm back home tomorrow and I'll have a proper look at it.
Very impressive. Never thought you'd get that onto a single SSD.
Part 2 is where the memory usage is the tightest. Be interesting to see if this fits into the standard 32k. :wink:

Great work you guys.... 8) very cool.
radiorama

Post by radiorama »

Hi Dethmunk,

I've been following this project with interest late last year, and I see that nothing new has been posted since January 1st. Any new developments?

Thanks,
Carlo.
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

radiorama wrote:I've been following this project with interest late last year, and I see that nothing new has been posted since January 1st. Any new developments?
Yes, the game is finished and has been released:
:idea:
fuzzel

Post by fuzzel »

Hi Dethmunk, I've just visited your website to see how you're getting on with games development and I noticed about a year ago you had started work on The Hobbit. Have you made any progress on this one or is it still in the early planning stages ?

Return to “new projects and releases: text and graphic adventures”