Castle of Riddles

discuss classic text/graphic adventures for the bbc micro & electron
twinky

Castle of Riddles

Post by twinky »

Got an embarrassing question - how do you switch the lamp on?

(this is right at the beginning of the game so as u can see im not doing well!)
Langezaal

Post by Langezaal »

Just type 'on' :D Good luck !
Fraser

Post by Fraser »

Theres a maze at the start of the game. How can it be mapped without having objcts to drop? I don't want any direct solutions just a hint.
twinky

Post by twinky »

thanks - could've sworn i tried that! tried just about everything else - though i might have to look for a battery!
twinky

Post by twinky »

maze of white rooms - really hard to not give you the solution! try using one of the objects you found outside in the opposite way to how you'd expect - hope that doesn't make it too obvious
twinky

Post by twinky »

im stuck again - having got into the courtyard, i can go west and get killed by the little bear, north and just keel over with no good reason or east and get lost in the black maze

please can someone just hint at which of these i should do first to get some object that i need for the next one

also i think i might be missing some important object from outside the castle, iv only got the coin and the lamp (please just tell me if i need something else not what / where)
Cybershark

Post by Cybershark »

twinky wrote:north and just keel over with no good reason
oh no, there's a good reason all right if i'm thinking of the same place. that still gives me a chill (and bah, i never worked out out to avoid it :x )
AJH

Post by AJH »

Twinky - From memory I think you should go West (I did).
jon28

Post by jon28 »

If the black maze is the one I'm thinking of and it probably is if you've only got the coin and lamp then you need something else to get past it.

Can't help otherwise - I just remember that maze cos I felt really clever when I solved it on my own.
The White Rabbit

Post by The White Rabbit »

The following may help you (it is taken from a solution I have on file).

To map the maze of jet black passages you wave the rod which emits a puff of different coloured smoke in each room. The colours are those of the rainbow in the order of the spectrum (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet), however you will lose your rod digging out of the room underneath the bear’s chair and so you may have to map this maze first of all. Use SOS at the locations where there are dots and dashes to take you south of the castle.

Return to “8-bit acorn software: classic adventure games”