Time and Magik Trilogy

if a game from either archive (bbc or electron) isn't working properly, please document it here
carolpedder

Time and Magik Trilogy

Post by carolpedder »

I was looking forward to pictures on the master version of these three adventure games, but I'm not having much luck. I'm using beebem v1.41 and using the default roms loaded for the master 128 option, with games disc in drive 0 and picture disc in drive 1 followed by shift-break. Title screen displays but then locks up on key press. I never had a master and so I'm not quite sure that I'm doing everything as required !! Anyone actually managed to play these games with graphics ??<br>
<br>
Regards<br>
<br>
Carol

<p></p><i></i>
bbcfan2002

RE: Time and Magik Trilogy

Post by bbcfan2002 »

I have tried this using Mess 0.64B - BBC Micro Model B+128K, and it actually starts the game OK with a picture of a grandfather clock, but it is in black and white - the split screen mode must not be emulated fully - perhaps this is why BeebEM 1.41 cannot cope. Disk Image seems fine. I suppose we'll have to wait for ModelB to become ModelB+

<p></p><i></i>
carolpedder

Re: Time and Magik Trilogy

Post by carolpedder »

Oh well, it was worth a try. I always said I preferred text only adventures anyway !!<br>
<br>
Thanks<br>
<br>
Carol

<p></p><i></i>
carolpedder

Re: Time and Magik Trilogy

Post by carolpedder »

...."I suppose we'll have to wait for ModelB to become ModelB+...."<br>
<br>
<br>
Well we didn't have to wait long !!<br>
<br>
Tom Seddon has just released a version which will run Time and Magik with pictures - terrific !<br>
<br>
See "What's new" for 21 May 2003 for a link to his site.<br>
<br>
Regards Carol

<p></p><i></i>

Return to “problems”