another game id request!

reminisce about classic bbc micro and acorn electron games here
Related forum: adventures

delphine

another game id request!

Post by delphine »

thanks to those of you who helped me locate yellow river kingdom and scoop following my last post.

am now trying to remember the names of a couple more games I used to play - memory aint what it used to be.

the first one involved a bloke trying to get to a toilet at the top of the screen and had to cross all sorts of things going up and down the screen.
sounds a bit odd but i used to really like it!

the second one was a blue screen with a man who had to jump from one level to another- seem to recall he was a window cleaner, builder or something like that!

thanks
delph
Dreamland Fantasy

Post by Dreamland Fantasy »

the first one involved a bloke trying to get to a toilet at the top of the screen and had to cross all sorts of things going up and down the screen.
sounds a bit odd but i used to really like it!
This sounds like the game Vindaloo.

You can get this at http://www.stairwaytohell.com/bbc/archi ... ndaloo.zip

Kind regards,

Francis.
Dreamland Fantasy Studios
http://www.dfstudios.co.uk
Dreamland Fantasy

Post by Dreamland Fantasy »

the second one was a blue screen with a man who had to jump from one level to another- seem to recall he was a window cleaner, builder or something like that!
Somehow I'm thinking Killer Gorilla for this one, but I suspect that is probably not the one you are looking for.

Kind regards,

Francis.
Dreamland Fantasy Studios
http://www.dfstudios.co.uk
Cybershark

Post by Cybershark »

my suggestions would be 'Corporate Climber' for the first and 'Mr Freeze' for the second :wink:
Moist_Mog

Post by Moist_Mog »

The second one sounds a bit like Danger UXB... all the screen blocks were blue as I recall... did the background disappear once you'd stepped onto it?
delphine

Post by delphine »

Corporate climber is the first one-thanks!

The 2nd one isn't Danger UXB or Mr Freeze (although I have enjoyed catching up with both of them today!). Don't think there were any ladders in it - white levels that you had to jump across and if you missed, you die!
regregex

Post by regregex »

The second one couldn't be Plankwalk, surely!? It cropped up on the forum last year. Looks very amateurish and there is a monster to chase the player if he stays in one place for too long.
delphine

Post by delphine »

Plankwalk it is -thank you!

Thanks a lot to everyone for helping me out with my amnesia.
Currently have the winning bid for a BBC Model B on Ebay so I am sure I will be back with more questions....!

Return to “8-bit acorn software: classic games”