BBC and Electron Text Adventures

discussion of bbc/electron text and graphic adventures. level 9, robico & epic were leaders in this field
Barbara Gibb

BBC and Electron Text Adventures

Post by Barbara Gibb »

I can offer help with some of the TEXT adventures found in the BBC and Electron archives. So if you are stuck, please post your query here or email me at gibb2@cableinet.co.uk.

<p></p><i></i>
Chango

ok...

Post by Chango »

How do I get past the Glutinous Sponge on Magicians Ball, hmmmm?<br>
<br>
<br>
HMMMM?

<p></p><i></i>
Barbara

Magician's Ball

Post by Barbara »

Sorry, I'm not familiar with this game. If it is a graphic/arcade game I can't help you (my posting states TEXT adventures). If it IS a text adventure, I shall be most grateful for any details you can give (e.g. BBC and/Electron, author, publisher) and I will most certainly do my best to help.

<p></p><i></i>
Arcadian
Site Admin

Re: Magician's Ball

Post by Arcadian »

It was a text & graphic adventure published by Global Software, but wasn't released for the BBC or Electron - only CPC464, C64 and Speccy I'm afraid. Some info from the <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.lysator.liu.se/adventure">Ad ... <!--EZCODE LINK END--> site:<br>
<br>
<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><i> Controlling two characters in a fantasy world, you have to (it seems!) defeat an evil witch. The game is very atmospheric, but filled with bugs (You can have all sorts of creatures walking around killing other - sometimes already dead! - creatures - and that you can get to what seems to be the ending without solving more that a few of the puzzles - the best one is that you can unlock all doors in the game with a _dead bird_!!!). Entertaining, nonetheless.</i><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

<p></p><i></i>
Barbara

Magician's Ball

Post by Barbara »

THROW PLANK ONTO SPONGE to form a bridge.

<p></p><i></i>
Paul W

Program Power Adventure

Post by Paul W »

Can anyone help with a solution to Program Power Adventure?<br>
From 1983, it was one of Program Power's earliest releases (before they became Micro Power).<br>
<br>
It used to drive me insane with its infuriating humour and sarcy responses. I never did manage to complete it. <br>
<br>
Was the question 'Are you a wizard?' a red herring?<br>
Was there really a password? Was the little green frog actually the Princess?<br>
<br>
After 16 years, I think it's time to sort this git once and for all!!!<br>
<br>
<br>

<p></p><i></i>
Barbara

Adventure

Post by Barbara »

Input NO in response to "Are you a Wizard". <br>
<br>
The password is OPEN SESAME - much used then and many more times since in adventures.<br>
<br>
Can't remember the frog bit, but there is definitely a princess. I will have to play it through to check full details as it is many years since I played it.

<p></p><i></i>
Babrara

Adventure

Post by Babrara »

The little green frog does turn into the princess. She will run away, so you have to find her again.

<p></p><i></i>
Paul W

Program Power Adventure

Post by Paul W »

I know about 'open sesame' to open the stone block. What puzzles me is at the start when asked 'Are you a wizard?' If you put 'Yes' you are then asked for a password.<br>
<br>
If you kiss the frog, the game ends! (by order of the wizard) Is there any other way to turn her back into the princess?<br>
<br>
Who is this wizard? Do you get to be a wizard if you complete the thing?<br>
<br>
Grrrr! I hate this game!<br>
<br>

<p></p><i></i>
Barbara

Adventure (Micropower)

Post by Barbara »

As I said, when asked "Are you a wizard?" say NO, not yes.<br>
<br>
*Don't* kiss the frog, you have to input KILL FROG so it turns into a princess.<br>
<br>
Take treasures to the left luggage office, but be careful what you drop there.<br>
<br>
I have never seen a final message. If anyone has seen one, please let me know.

<p></p><i></i>
Paul W

Adventure

Post by Paul W »

Only if you put 'no' to 'are you a wizard?' can the game even be played. I'm just wondering if there is any benefit in answering 'yes' and then knowing the password you are then asked for (or perhaps this whole wizard & password thing is just a decoy).<br>
<br>
I've got as far as the desert but got lost in some scrubland. I think there was also a castle and a dragon at some point.<br>
<br>
I've also learned that the rat can be killed by typing HOOT. This apparently causes an owl to appear and do the deed for you! Perhaps the owl can be kept in the wicker cage?<br>
<br>
You can also SLEEP and DREAM but I've not found much use for these.<br>

<p></p><i></i>
sampson

Re: BBC and Electron Text Adventures

Post by sampson »

Is the Pobjoy Special adventure available on this site? If so, under what filename?<br>
<br>
Sampson

<p></p><i></i>
Barbara2001

Pobjoy Special

Post by Barbara2001 »

Dave may have posted a copy of this game, but to be honest I can't find it.<br>
<br>
I re-played it using a .uef file and the ElectrEm7 emulator (may work with later versions of the emulator). If you would like a copy of the game file please email me at<br>
<br>
gibb2@blueyonder.co.uk

<p></p><i></i>
julian

hamstead heath adventure game(any1 remeber it 4 acorn elctro

Post by julian »

any1 remeber the hamstead heath adventure game??<br>
any1 know where there is a downloadable version??<br>
Im lost without my choldhood games (cus it did my head in i never completed it and would like a crack now im older).Any1 can help or any info please email me :<br>
julian1142@hotmail.com<br>
thanks

<p></p><i></i>
Barbara2001

HAMSTEAD HEATH

Post by Barbara2001 »

If you mean HAMPSTEAD by Melbourne House it is available for download as a zipped BBC Disk Image from this site.

<p></p><i></i>
trent

Guy of Gisbon

Post by trent »

Anybody played guy of gisbon for the acorn... it rocked... anybody know where i can d/l it?

<p></p><i></i>
mattforbes

Re: Guy of Gisbon

Post by mattforbes »

If you mean "Gisburne's Castle" (featuring Guy), then it's available for download from here. Look in the software section.<br>
<br>
HTH<br>
<br>
Matt

<p></p><i></i>

Return to “adventures”