Electromagnetic Spectrum (and a lot of justified asskissing)

if a game from either archive (bbc or electron) isn't working properly, please document it here
CUG

Electromagnetic Spectrum (and a lot of justified asskissing)

Post by CUG »

With the asskissing coming first...<br>
<br>
Hello everyone, I am an italian youngster (for the Acorn users, 20 is a very young age) whose first computer was an Olivetti PC128s, italian clone of the Acorn BBC Master Compact (or at least I think so. The floppy driver was 3 1/2 and there was the ADSF by default). I got that in Christmas 1987, and if you make your calculations well, I was 5 at that time (Hey. I was an enfant-prodige.). I hadn't control on the software I bought, my parents used to buy it (you know, to study and such stuff), and I had fun with stuff like Podd, some Blue Ribbon games, the beautiful Welcome Disk of the glorious Olivetti Prodest (the one that drew a castle, had a little spreadsheet, office tools, a paint, and a lot of useful stuff. By the way, does anyone have it?), a sort of a pac-man clone about maths, and Electromagnetic Spectrum by BBCsoft. A teacher gave me that thing, and even if for a 5-year-old kid that stuff was quite complicate, I gazed in awe "playing" it. Years passed, and when I learnt about emulation I immediately looked for an emulator of the PC128s. Obviously without success, and so I gave up until I discovered that the Olivetti borrowed technology from Acorn. And needless to say, I found (not without trouble) this lovable site. Waterfalls of tears came out of my eyes, as you can imagine. I finally played Podd, I downloaded Electromagnetic Spectrum, but damn, the latter doesn't work with BeebEm. It says "incorrect disk format" when I use it with the 1770 DFS, and when I try the ADFS it says "Disc error 50 at : 0/000000". I watched the difference between the disc format of ElectroMagneticSpectrum and the others (that work) and I noticed that the disc of E.M.S. has 400 tracks while the others have 800 tracks. So I tried to put all the files in the image of E.M.S. in a new disk with 800 tracks, activating the Exec option. so when I shift-break with the new diskette, it spits some uncomprehensible signs and then it locks up and I have to reset the beeb from the menu. Where am I wrong? Can somebody pleeeeease help me? I'd really love to replay that game, since it would wipe some fog out of my misty memories (ugh, now I'm becoming poetic). Well, that's it. <br>
<br>
Saludos.<br>
<br>
CUG

<p><i>Scott me up, Beamie. </i></p><i></i>
melchett

Re: Electromagnetic Spectrum

Post by melchett »

Where did you download Electro Magnetic Spectrum from (can't find it in the archive here)?

<p></p><i></i>
CUG

Here it ist!

Post by CUG »

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.stairwaytohell.com/bbc/other ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>
<br>
ScienceTopics-Electromagnetic Spectrum.<br>
<br>
By the way. I Was able to run it. It was the BBC B version, and I, in my stupidity, tried to run it as a Master 128. <br>
<br>
And, I don't know if this happened to you, but BeebEm 1.41 bombed Windows ME's registry. I know that WinME sucks a lot, but now that I have a quite reliable WinXP, I fear to run my favourite emulator!<br>
<br>
Well, that's it. Bye.<br>
<br>
CUG

<p></p><i></i>

Return to “problems”