Arculator — menu button

discuss emulators of 26-bit acorn systems e.g. arculator and rpcemu
dr_d_gee

Arculator — menu button

Post by dr_d_gee »

How do you activate the (RISC OS) menus on Arculator 2.2 on a Windows laptop with no menu button?

There doesn't appear to be a 2-button mouse option as on RPCEmu, and KeyMapper doesn't work on RO 3.11 anyway. The Arculator website is devoid of virtually anything useful apart from the downloads…
Sophira

Re: Arculator — menu button

Post by Sophira »

As far as I know, there are two ways to use the menu button in Arculator:

1. Use the middle button on an actual mouse - which might be a scroll wheel.
2. Press the appropriate key on the keyboard. On Windows, that's the context menu key (next to the right Ctrl key), and on Mac that's the left Command button.

Unfortunately I think those are the only ways Arculator itself supports. However, if you can't do either of those, you're not completely stuck as there are applications written for RISC OS itself that allow you to simulate mouse actions (including the Menu button) with the keyboard. Annoyingly, I can't recall the one I'm thinking of right now but I'm certain there was one published in *Info in Acorn User at one point. I'll try to find it for you if you need it!
dr_d_gee

Post by dr_d_gee »

It would help!

Normally I use KeyMapper for this type of thing but it needs a later version of RISC OS.
segasonic

Post by segasonic »

I had a similar problem (couldn't find my mouse) and IanS recommended !Warfarin. Load it then while holding Alt the cursors move the pointer and Insert/Home/Page Up are the three buttons. Found my mouse now but it was a lifesaver.

Dunno if it would work on an emulator but I can't see why not. Archimedes Archive has it.
iainfm

Post by iainfm »

I use Shift and the Windows key. That triggers the menu mouseclick without opening the Windows start menu :)
dr_d_gee

Post by dr_d_gee »

That works fine. Thanks.
Sophira

Post by Sophira »

I learned something new today!

Return to “32-bit acorn emulators”