-Colour not found...

discuss general risc os software applications and utilities
Related forum: adventures

dimebag

-Colour not found...

Post by dimebag »

Hi

At boot i have this error before the display of the background pattern.....

don"t know what it means, any idea ?
colour.jpg
Cheers

Laurent
paintings

Re: -Colour not found...

Post by paintings »

dimebag wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:58 pm At boot i have this error before the display of the background pattern.....

don"t know what it means, any idea ?
The most likely cause is that an Obey file had been edited (e.g. by inserting a newline part-way through an existing line) such that an optional parameter (in this case "-Colour") now appears at the start of the line. The command parser will assume that "-Colour" is a file to be executed, and will try (and fail) to find it.

Hmmm. "-Colour" isn't that common a parameter name, and you say it happens just before the background pattern appears. Perhaps it's happening during Pinboard setup...

Try looking in the PinSetup obey file (either !Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks.PinSetup or !Boot.Choices.Users.Single.Boot.Tasks.PinSetup depending on which flavour of RISC OS 4 you are running). The second line of the file should look something like

Code: Select all

x Backdrop -Colour &77777700 -TextColour &ffffff00 -Tile BootResources.Configure.Textures.T11L
but you may find that the line starts with "-Colour" and/or the line has been split in two (with "x Backdrop" on one line and the remaining parameters on the next line).

This may not be exactly what's gone wrong, but it should give you an idea what to look for.
dimebag

Re: -Colour not found...

Post by dimebag »

thank you painting

EDIT: worked fine ! a line without descritor have repeated the -Color arg, and produce and error !

Thks a lot !

i"ll take a look today

Really lost with the RO organisation.....

Cheers

Laurent

Return to “32-bit acorn software: other”