Please could someone build a new beebdroid

bbc/electron apps, languages, utils, educational progs, demos + more
tricky

Re: Please could someone build a new beebdroid

Post by tricky »

I think I found it from a "sped up version" that used wire frame for the keyboard.
Stainy

Post by Stainy »

Are you able to share it??

Possibly? :)
tricky

Post by tricky »

I have this APK for the wire-frame version in my dropbox no login should be required.
It does have the bug that was the reason for my original request and this thread, annoyingly, it mostly affects my games!
I won't pass on the b-em based one without the author's consent.
Stainy

Post by Stainy »

Thanks

But when I try to install it it says "appears to be corrupt' :(
Stainy

Post by Stainy »

I finally got it installed on my GPD XD+. ( silly Admin thing in security was blocking it )
But I get no sound.. and there`s no settings to speak of...

Thanks
derek

Post by derek »

tricky wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:13 am I have this APK for the wire-frame version in my dropbox no login should be required.
It does have the bug that was the reason for my original request and this thread, annoyingly, it mostly affects my games!
I won't pass on the b-em based one without the author's consent.
Hi,

I downloaded the new beebdroid and installed on a Samsung SM-T530 Galaxy Tab 10, it work much better than the plsystore version.

I like that local ssd files can loaded anb self written programmes can be saved easily.
Regards,

Derek
Stainy

Post by Stainy »

I get no sound on my LG V20 and GPD XD+ :(
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

I've been working on a fork of Little Fluffy Toys' Beebdroid on GitHub - user sleekweasel - over the past couple of months.

It complies under Android Studio and fixes the position independent code issue that probably stopped most people working on it.

It also makes it work properly with Bluetooth keyboards for programming (taking over the 'no keyboard' mode) which does weird things to the shift key, though it would be easy enough to create a new no keyboard mouse if that's a problem.

I've also restored the machine image save/restore code and have plumbed adval 1 and 2 into the mouse x and y coordinates, though it needs some trickery to avoid mixing last x with the current y (I'm planning to set the lower bit as a simple timestamp).

There's an APK under the releases tab.
tricky

Post by tricky »

Not sure about position independent code, my main problem was the bug in the ARM ASM for I think a sbc ZP,X instruction (or something like that).
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

tricky wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:48 pm Not sure about position independent code, my main problem was the bug in the ARM ASM for I think a sbc ZP,X instruction (or something like that).
There's a patch for that; I haven't encountered anything triggering it, but it was on my radar to check. Kenton has reached out to me, so hopefully we'll update on the play store (and probably Amazon, since it's deeply amusing to have a Beeb appear from the Firestick, and use a Bluetooth keyboard with it).

If you look in my GitHub - sleekweasel - you'll find a couple of APKs in releases. Give me a test case for the SBC instruction, and I'll get a fix up.
kenton

Post by kenton »

Heads-up that I've got a new laptop with Android Studio running for the first time in five years, and I've got the rocks-and-gems Mole Miner compiled, rudimentarily changed and republished to Play Store so you can at least play it on modern hardware compliant with modern Play Store policies. I think I might have lost Michael S. Repton's second levelpack source code, which would be a tragedy - I'll have a really good hunt for that. Anyway... I'm gonna spend a bit of time working on modernising it enough so it's playable for the next few years. Once that's done, I'll be onto Beebdroid.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

In case anyone other than Kenton - hi Kenton - is following this, I've made progress with the 64 bit ports, which will allow us to post the newer version to Play (64 bit support is a requirement for anything with native code). 64 bit architectures reach the BASIC prompt with identical CPU traces to the 32 bit implementations, so the official opcodes are probably correctly implemented.

I'm starting to wire up the RS232 system, for easy ASCII interface to some Android text fields - *fx5,2 and *fx2,1 - and then I plan to run the 65C02 compliance tests, to check the 64 bit ports (and I may as well run them Vs the 32 bit ports too)

The ADVAL command now tracks touches on the screen in addition to the Bluetooth mouse, and I've moved the Alt keyboard magic around a bit. I have three Bluetooth keyboards, and found one with funny key mapping, so I may provide duplicates later. My favourite innovation is Right Alt acting as the Copy key.

I've posted a ReadMe at my SleekWeasel GitHub.

Cheers.
kenton

Post by kenton »

Do a pull request on the original github?
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

kenton wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:06 am Do a pull request on the original github?
Do you and/or Reuben have any plans to resurrect the iOS Beeb emulator? It was brilliant!

:?: [-o<
kenton

Post by kenton »

lurkio wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:34 am Do you and/or Reuben have any plans to resurrect the iOS Beeb emulator? It was brilliant!
:?: [-o<
Beeb stuff is back in the plans. We're on it ;)
SuperBadger99

Post by SuperBadger99 »

Any update on this? Would love to see an updated version of Beebdroid. Been almost 2 years since the last post on here. Hoping you guys are gonna spring a new version on us soon :D
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

I uploaded an APK for v0 4 to https://github.com/sleekweasel/Beebdroid, which should be ok for arm64 and x86_64, but may not play games.
vanekp

Post by vanekp »

I only see 3, 4 and 8 year old files there.
Regards Peter.
kenton

Post by kenton »

Haven't run up an Android dev environment in three years! Will try to build it soon.
SuperBadger99

Post by SuperBadger99 »

Don't suppose there is any update on this? Beebdroid could really do with an update. I'd love to be able to use an updated version with Daijishō front end on Android that can take in games as arguments and also support pad2key mapping files.
kenton

Post by kenton »

If you know someone that can code it, I'll happily sign the APK and republish it
Stainy

Post by Stainy »

0.4 version seems to broken.. won't install...
kenton

Post by kenton »

Stainy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:05 pm 0.4 version seems to broken.. won't install...
Neither of us have an Android dev environment any more. As I said in January, if someone wants to take it on, I'm all ears - PM me.
Stainy

Post by Stainy »

I just got an RG353M handheld. I want to play the old stuff ( Spectrum, C64, Beeb etc ) been trying to get a version running on the Android side of things. I can get Beeb-x and beebdroid to run and play a game.. using the touch screen controls but no luck with the dpad/buttons or any form of mapping them :/

Return to “8-bit acorn software: other”