Hello from Middlesbrough

where both new and existing forum members can say 'hi' to each other!
necronom

Hello from Middlesbrough

Post by necronom »

Hi everyone.

This place looks like it has a lot of excellent info on it. I'll have to have a look around.

When I started secondary school in '82 we had a computer room with about 6 PETs, 6 BBCs, and an RM 380Z. At home I had a VCS, then a VIC-20, C64, A500, A1200, then less interesting things like PCs and Playstations. A friend had a ZX81, a Spectrum, then an Electron (where I first played Elite).
Since I've now got some money, having worked for a few decades, I've been buying things I always wanted, played on, or I'd previously sold.
In the last few years I've got a Mac SE/30, a PET 4032, and now a BBC B :-)

It was a bit of a disaster when I first got it, but I now have it all working (99% of the time). I've replaced the PSU, added the SD card user port device, put in an audio out that connects to the RGB SCART, and I've started making my way through the games. I'll have to get a joystick adaptor for the games that support it, as I'm really bad with keys (since I'm mostly a C64/Amiga man).

Oh, and I did my O Level program on the school BBCs. I might even have it on tape somewhere, though I don't have a cable to load it up. It was a really bad quiz game.

Paul.
"The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties!" - Jack Howitzer, GTA V
daveejhitchins

Re: Hello from Middlesbrough

Post by daveejhitchins »

Welcome to the Forum, Paul . . . Enjoy . . .

Dave H.
Available: ARA II : ARA III-JR/PR : ABR : AP5 : AP6 : ABE : ATI : MGC : Plus 1 Support ROM : Plus 3 2nd DA : Prime's Plus 3 ROM/RAM : Pegasus 400 : Prime's MRB : ARCIN32 : Cross-32
Multiwizard

Post by Multiwizard »

Hi Paul,

welcome to this great Forum... :D

Greetings from my little Dutch Atomic Attic, Wim... :-)
richw

Post by richw »

Welcome!

I'm in Stockton-on-Tees, so interesting to see someone relatively nearby.

Return to “introduce yourself”