2024 Econet LAN party 18 & 19th May

listings of other non-ABug events, proposals relating to unconfirmed events and general event chat
BeebMaster

Re: 2024 Econet LAN party 18 & 19th May

Post by BeebMaster »

awilliams wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:14 am Mine won't be coming, a tad too far, some days its a bit depressing being in .au when you lot get up to such fun.
We could come there, I am sure we can club together to charter an ocean liner. Then we can all play with our Beebs whilst we are on the boat, and I those who have to work could still work-from-cabin during the trip, so it wouldn't even use up holidays.
baz4096

Post by baz4096 »

BeebMaster wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:15 pm We could come there, I am sure we can club together to charter an ocean liner. Then we can all play with our Beebs whilst we are on the boat, and I those who have to work could still work-from-cabin during the trip, so it wouldn't even use up holidays.
That would be hilarious, the crew wouldn't know what had hit them if we all turn up demanding parasols so we can see our CRTs on deck.
BeebMaster

Post by BeebMaster »

Crew? Opinion is divided, I believe...
Ragster

Post by Ragster »

Booked my ticket for the Saturday.

3 machines to bring (nothing exciting - just standard model Bs and a master)

For those who can't make it, I recall last year, some people managed to WAN bridge in... so maybe that would be doable in some cases?
(Does require extra hardware though.)

I did have some ideas about trying to make some networked software, but too much Real Life and procrastination got in the way.
friesian7

Post by friesian7 »

Ragster wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:57 pm For those who can't make it, I recall last year, some people managed to WAN bridge in... so maybe that would be doable in some cases?
(Does require extra hardware though.)
It's on the plan and very much desired. The Museum Acorn team lead by Tom/Issue7 will be meeting this Wednesday to discuss prepping for the LAN party, and following this we will be making a few more event announcements, including "offsite Econets"...
KenLowe

Post by KenLowe »

I won't be able to make it to the event, but I'm happy to participate from my remote site. Will likely need some setting up and testing ahead of the main event, though, so do let me know if there's anything I can do to assist ahead of time.
markusher

Post by markusher »

I don't think I will be able to make it in person. I'm on another trip the two weeks before that.
However, my econet in Switzerland will be available for anyone to connect to. It is setup now and ready to function on a permanent basis.

I believe Chris is going to be there for one of the days and has plans too. Can we have the offsite connections co-ordinated somehow with the Museum Acorn team?
-Mark
2 x BBC, 1 Viglen BBC, M128, M512, M128+copro, 1 Master ET, BBC AIV Domesday System, E01S, E01, E20 Filestore, 3 x A4000, RISC PC 600,700, StrongArm. Probably more I've missed and all sorts of bits and pieces.
friesian7

Post by friesian7 »

markusher wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:48 pm I believe Chris is going to be there for one of the days and has plans too. Can we have the offsite connections co-ordinated somehow with the Museum Acorn team?
Yes, as one of the Museum Acorn team, I've been speaking to Chris and as mentioned we'll kick off the coordination of things after we've had our meeting on Wednesday.
friesian7

Post by friesian7 »

There's now a new thread covering the offsite Econets activity.

See: viewtopic.php?t=28891
Vee

Post by Vee »

In latest news from the LAN Party - we're holding a Charity Auction on the day -

Full details here - https://www.stardot.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29039
Issue7

Post by Issue7 »

Its like the shop window of Rumbelows...
20240313_174648.jpg
Just a note, if don't want to bring your monitor to the party, we may have spare monitors you can use. Some of those in the picture actually work! Just drop me a PM or izzy.swaney@tnmoc.org and we'll try to get a monitor prepared for you.

If you are coming by train, Google reckons TNMoC is 11 minutes walk from the station door. Having walked it myself, I think that can be easily beaten, even with a Beeb under each arm! Drop me or Izzy a message if you'd like a lift from the station and I'm sure we can make arrangements.

Tom
TNMoC Acorn Curator

Return to “other events + general event chat”