Archimedes Hypercube

subjects relating to classic games for the archimedes and risc pc
Rocketeer

Archimedes Hypercube

Post by Rocketeer »

Hypercube, a 3D game of the Tetris genre for the Archimedes series of computers employing an isometric view. This was originally published in Archimedes World magazine May '93.

Instructions attached and also within the application. I've got this running on RPCemu 3.71 and is provided here as a regular 7-zip file, just unpack the contents into the hostfs folder on the emulator then use as a normal RiscOS application from within there.

Sample screenshots from the game.
screenshot 01.png
screenshot 01.png (32.06 KiB) Viewed 813 times
screenshot 02.png
screenshot 02.png (27.4 KiB) Viewed 813 times
screenshot 03.png
screenshot 03.png (28.31 KiB) Viewed 813 times
screenshot 04.png
screenshot 04.png (32.33 KiB) Viewed 813 times
Attachments
HyperCube.7z
(144.73 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
ReadMe.txt
(3.28 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
gfoot

Re: Archimedes Hypercube

Post by gfoot »

Very nice! I didn't know you also made Archimedes software
Rocketeer

Post by Rocketeer »

gfoot wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:19 pm Very nice! I didn't know you also made Archimedes software
I transitioned across from the BBC to Archimedes when I wrote UIM, after that I wrote a few more games over the years but mainly spent my time writing educational software in the 90's for 10 out of 10 Educational Systems run by Steve Botterill of Impact Software/The Fourth Dimension.
aidanthegasman

Post by aidanthegasman »

Hi Rocketeer,

Is there any possibility of posting Hypercube in a zip format? I can extract the 7z file on my PC, but all the filetypes for RISC OS are lost. On the other hand, it's easy to unpack zip files in RISC OS.

Many thanks,

Aidan.
IanS

Post by IanS »

aidanthegasman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:24 am Is there any possibility of posting Hypercube in a zip format? I can extract the 7z file on my PC, but all the filetypes for RISC OS are lost. On the other hand, it's easy to unpack zip files in RISC OS.
Try this, extracted the 7z into the hostfs folder of Arculator, trhen created the zip with SparkFS in Arculator.
Attachments
HyperCube.zip
(176.5 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Return to “32-bit acorn software: classic games”