SAVE THE DATE! ABUG South, 12th - 14th April 2024.

for the announcement (and discussion) of confirmed physical and virtual ABug events ONLY
tricky

Re: SAVE THE DATE! ABUG South, 12th - 14th April 2024.

Post by tricky »

Is it uniform across the whole screen?
Does the screen make a noise when you turn it on as most monitors have a degaussing circuit and coil built in.
On that monitor are the red,green and blue phosphorus dots in the same pattern as the blurring? I close-up photo of a white area should show you?
All this can be checked at an ABUG, but I'm wondering if it is just a bit of focus adjustment required, again can be done at ABUG, or sometimes via a pot sticking out the back.
0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE »

Room is booked at The Ely Hotel, let's goooo!!! :lol:
0xC0DE
"I program my home computer / Beam myself into the future"
:arrow: Follow me on Twitter
:arrow: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my games and demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro
colinhoad

Post by colinhoad »

0xC0DE wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:20 am Room is booked at The Ely Hotel, let's goooo!!! :lol:
Yay!! :D
picosonic

Post by picosonic »

I’d love to visit again. I’ll look into a hotel room this time as it was a bit of a long drive for me for one day.
kieranhj

Post by kieranhj »

Happy Sunday everyone, I hope you're enjoying some sunshine where you live. 8) Just here to flag to that I plan to open the booking thread around midday on this coming Friday 8th March, which will be some five weeks before the event weekend. \:D/ I anticipate there will be 30-35 slots available, as per previous events, and I'll start a waitlist if we're oversubscribed. More info soon! :-
Bitshifters Collective | Retro Code & Demos for BBC Micro & Acorn computers | https://bitshifters.github.io/
Cruxinc

Post by Cruxinc »

kieranhj wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:36 pm Happy Sunday everyone, I hope you're enjoying some sunshine where you live. 8) Just here to flag to that I plan to open the booking thread around midday on this coming Friday 8th March, which will be some five weeks before the event weekend. \:D/ I anticipate there will be 30-35 slots available, as per previous events, and I'll start a waitlist if we're oversubscribed. More info soon! :-
great! i just realised you are part of bitshifters, im a big fan! doy oyu have any advice on getting started on 6502 assembly as its very intimidating and i just dont know where to start! thanks a lot! :D
-Elliot :)
Lover of all things acorn, but especially the 8 bits!
- bbc b issue 7 with econet- electron issue 2 - microvitec cub 653 - amx mouse -
i like to use as much original hardware as possible, and only use disk and tapes! :shock:
colinhoad

Post by colinhoad »

Cruxinc wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:02 pm any advice on getting started on 6502 assembly as its very intimidating and i just dont know where to start! thanks a lot! :D
I'd highly recommend this recent video by Matt Godbolt, along with the Usborne book he mentions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VsiYWW9r48
Prime

Post by Prime »

Could have sworn I replied to this thread..... but it seems not.

But deffo interested.

Cheers.

Phill.
tricky

Post by tricky »

Booked our room yesterday, only twins available.
kieranhj

Post by kieranhj »

Apologies everyone - my Friday at work turned out to be waaaaaay busier than I anticipated. #-o Sorry about the delay, and I hope your F5 keys have not worn out.

The booking thread is now live: viewtopic.php?t=28718
Bitshifters Collective | Retro Code & Demos for BBC Micro & Acorn computers | https://bitshifters.github.io/

Return to “acorn & bbc micro user group (abug) events”