Beeb emulator on Raspberry Pi

discuss bbc micro and electron emulators (including mame) here!
scruss

Re: Beeb emulator on Raspberry Pi

Post by scruss »

beebjit won't build at all with any system using gcc 12.2 or newer (which is pretty much any system I'd want to use). I've dropped an issue in their repo, but I see they seldom get resolved: Doesn't build on Raspberry Pi 5 (gcc 12.2.0) · Issue #53 · scarybeasts/beebjit
ash73

Post by ash73 »

tricky wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:45 pm Eben originally wanted beeb livery for the 400, but it was going to cost too much. There are several threads about making keyboards with beeb keys but they never work out very cheap.
There are so many good mechanical keyboards now I suppose the best approach is just hook up a Pi 5 to one of those, rather than put up with the cheap & nasty chiclet keyboard. I bought a NuPhy Air75 v2 recently and love it.

Richard Russell's BBC BASIC is fab running native on the Pi 5 anyhow, even if nobody gets round to creating a decent 64 bit Beeb emulator.
Attachments
nuphy air75.png
scruss

Post by scruss »

There are plenty of decent 64-bit Beeb emulators. Just none of them are bare-metal.

tom-seddon/b2: BBC Micro emulator for Windows, OS X, and Linux also builds nicely on 64-bit Raspberry Pi OS. You have to modify the repo pull command a little:

Code: Select all

git clone --recursive --branch 'wip/master' https://github.com/tom-seddon/b2.git
but it builds and runs well.

Return to “8-bit acorn emulators”