Hello from Essex

where both new and existing forum members can say 'hi' to each other!
8BitGo

Hello from Essex

Post by 8BitGo »

Hi All,

In 1982 I convinced my dad to buy me a BBC Micro Model B cassette model for school work - £399 in those days was a big amount of money (equivalent to about £1800 today) and cheaper micros were around (e.g. ZX81, VIC20, Dragon 32...). Of course I had fun playing games on it, some of which were laboriously typed in from magazines - remember that? That was my first experience of learning a computer language. Later bought the DFS 0.9 disc interface and installed it - my first experience in handling such stuff. I still have that computer and happily it still works. I still occasionally play games on it, although my son is not overly impressed from his gaming perspective!

Cheers!
Multiwizard

Re: Hello from Essex

Post by Multiwizard »

Hi,

welcome to this great Forum... :D

Greetings from my little Dutch Atomic Attic, Wim... :-)
flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage »

Welcome, 8BitGo. :D

Tell your son he has no sense of adventure. :lol:
- John

Check out the Educational Software Archive at www.flaxcottage.com
tricky

Post by tricky »

Welcome, I started with avic-20, then cassette and a beeb but sure to all the save issues, swapped it with a cousin and that second beeb will be with me forever ;)
Neil

Post by Neil »

Welcome!

Aww, memory lane...

... I formed a computer club in 1979, the only reason was to use my mates fathers Pet computer. They were far too expensive for me, so I had to spend as much time as possible on the Research Machine 380Z at school. I got my beeb in 1983 as the RAF sort of paid enough for me to 'invest' in it. Def good days. I imagine every one on here remembers their first computer, and the first program they wrote that actually worked. My first one was on a sheet of paper, written in CESIL LOL!

- Neil
---------------------------------------------------
We live for the one, we die for the one!

Return to “introduce yourself”