Hello BBC World!

where both new and existing forum members can say 'hi' to each other!
Neil1980

Hello BBC World!

Post by Neil1980 »

Hello all,
My name is Neil.
I have to confess - When i was in school, we had access to 2 'Computer Rooms'. I remember that each room contained only 1 '380z' by Research Machines, a UK company I believe was based in Cambridge.
At home I managed to persuade my parents to buy me my own computer and was pleased to get a Amstrad CPC464 with a green screen! I spent hours and hours using that machine.
Sadly my school did not have any BBC Machines while I was there. :( but I really liked the look of these Machines which i only saw on tv or in magazines. Back in the day they were too expensive for me to obtain my own at home.
Moving forward, I found ebay and got myself a BBC model B and a few bits and bobs to go with it. I have always been interested in understanding how things work. Now I'm really interested in the world of 8 bit computing and the BBC model B in particular. I'm interested in what it might be possible to do with BBC Basic as well as with BeeBug C, rom programmer etc. There are endless possibilities for learning and it can all be compared and contrasted and potentially interlinked with today's technology.
So learning about the BBC world is my Saturday afternoon hobby. I wish I had more time to devote to studying all aspects of it.
Hello everyone!
Multiwizard

Re: Hello BBC World!

Post by Multiwizard »

Hi Neil,

welcome to this great Forum... :D

Greetings from my little Dutch Atomic Attic, Wim... :-)
flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage »

Welcome, Neil. :D
- John

Check out the Educational Software Archive at www.flaxcottage.com
daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins »

Welcome to the Forum, Neil . . . Enjoy . . .

Dave H.
Available: ARA II : ARA III-JR/PR : ABR : AP5 : AP6 : ABE : ATI : MGC : Plus 1 Support ROM : Plus 3 2nd DA : Prime's Plus 3 ROM/RAM : Pegasus 400 : Prime's MRB : ARCIN32 : Cross-32
tricky

Post by tricky »

Welcome, beebug C was where I started with C but it is a long way from modern C and the dev environment is not as friendly ;)
It was also very slow with only a single disc drive!

Return to “introduce yourself”