Retro Computer Exhibition 14th-17th Feb 2024 Kingston University

listings of other non-ABug events, proposals relating to unconfirmed events and general event chat
dextrosedave

Retro Computer Exhibition 14th-17th Feb 2024 Kingston University

Post by dextrosedave »

Hi,
I am new to the forum and have joined because I am re-discovering my love for the BBC Micro due to this event (see below). As a BBC User and ex-basic programmer/6502 Programmer 30+ years ago I am sitting on the Acorn exhibits for this exhibition. One BBC B Issue 7 for games and one for Basic.
Anyone from the forum is more than welcome and I'm sure you can give me advice! I am short of stuff to plug into the analogue/user port (apart from the TurboSPI and Joystick)
Dave

14th-17th February, Kingston University, SW London
Everything Device - Social Tile 01.png
Everything Device - Social Tile 01.png
dextrosedave

Re: Retro Computer Exhibition 14th-17th Feb 2024 Kingston University

Post by dextrosedave »

Ps.
We have a Newbury / Grundy NewBrain now, unfortunately without a power lead, but still a nice part of the Sinclair-Acorn story. Foolishly I didn't take a close up. But it can be seen, partially obscured, in this crop
Dave
IMG_20240213_131121.jpg
OneSwitch

Post by OneSwitch »

Very nice set-up. Good also to remind young people that video game history in the UK was not Pong to Space Invaders to Super Mario Bros. Hope it's going well.
helpful

Post by helpful »

dextrosedave wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:04 pm Hi,
Good to meet you yesterday and chat Beebs and ARMs! Hopefully see you on Monday night for a drink (see sig) :-)

The display of machines is really good - I encourage people to visit it if they get a chance.

Bryan.
RISC OS User Group Of London - https://www.rougol.jellybaby.net/
RISC OS London Show - https://www.riscoslondonshow.co.uk/
dextrosedave

Post by dextrosedave »

Thanks Bryan - great to meet you, very informative chat. I have been making frequent use of the indirection operator in my ad hoc demos, gets a lot of likes! Hope to make it on Monday :D
Dave

Return to “other events + general event chat”