Agon Light 2 - Downloading and running a program

on-topic acorn-related discussions not covered by the other forums
Gelpack

Agon Light 2 - Downloading and running a program

Post by Gelpack »

Hi Guys,

Ive been working with this now for a couple of weeks on and off, and I am beginning to get very frustrated with editing and running code within the environment. Mainly because the resolutions are not ideal and the absence of an integrated development environment makes me get a bit ticked off. Yes I know this is supposed to be a throwback, but with newer features which it is of course, so no complaints there.

However, for microcontrollers, I am used to the develop and download Model ( or upload depending on your viewpoint ) to the controller, much in the same way you do with Arduino the system boots and your program loads and you can then instantly see the results.

So, as a alternative to a new debugging environment, I would settle for simply downloading the file I want to work with, having a reboot and load/run that file as via Autoexex.txt.

ATM if I want to use that model I need to transfer the MicroSD card to my laptop, edit it, transfer it back and then boot.

Am I missing some functionality which would let me work the way I want to otherwise how could we do this ?

cheers
Software Engineer, Acorn BBC/Retro & Electronics Hobbyist
chrissawer

Re: Agon Light 2 - Downloading and running a program

Post by chrissawer »

I think you are after the Hexload utility which, like on an Arduino, allows you to plug the Agon into a PC which will then provide both power and a data channel over the same USB cable, and allow you to send binaries which you have cross-compiled on the PC across this channel:

https://github.com/envenomator/agon-hexload
Gelpack

Re: Agon Light 2 - Downloading and running a program

Post by Gelpack »

chrissawer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:40 pm I think you are after the Hexload utility which, like on an Arduino, allows you to plug the Agon into a PC which will then provide both power and a data channel over the same USB cable, and allow you to send binaries which you have cross-compiled on the PC across this channel:

https://github.com/envenomator/agon-hexload
Hey thanks a lot, I will take a look :D
Software Engineer, Acorn BBC/Retro & Electronics Hobbyist

Return to “general”