Hello from Surrey

where both new and existing forum members can say 'hi' to each other!
Pullance

Hello from Surrey

Post by Pullance »

Hi all,

Thank you for letting me join this Forum.

I've been meaning and wanting to work on my stuff for a while and finally got time and space.

Started off with my OG Xbox as they notoriously suffer from a leaking clock cap. And, well, its not as important to me as my other things.
Got very lucky with the xbox...

"I wonder if my A540 has something similar....... oh no!!" I'm kicking myself for not realizing / knowing :(

Been lurking here for a week or two and have learnt a lot! Thank you so much for sharing so much info.

Batt is out of the A540 and done a first small clean. But I didn't want to go any further until I sharpened up my skills. So last week I bought a A3010. Has batt damage but happy to report that I managed to get it to boot this evening (after finding a hairline fracture on La(20) just south of C110)

I'll be back on the A540 asap. I may be reaching out for advise, if that is ok? I really don't want to muck the A540 up as it was my dad's and probably my first foray into 'programming' - CoCo etc. Have already imaged the hard drive and ran it on an emulator - weird seeing my school homework again after nearly 30 years!

If there is anything information I can provide from the A540, or the A3010 for that matter, that would be useful to anyone then please let me know.

Thanks

Paul
Multiwizard

Re: Hello from Surrey

Post by Multiwizard »

Hi Paul,

welcome to this great Forum... :D

Greetings from my little Dutch Atomic Attic, Wim... :-)
daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins »

Welcome to the Forum, Paul . . . Enjoy . . .

Dave H.
Available: ARA II : ARA III-JR/PR : ABR : AP5 : AP6 : ABE : ATI : MGC : Plus 1 Support ROM : Plus 3 2nd DA : Prime's Plus 3 ROM/RAM : Pegasus 400 : Prime's MRB : ARCIN32 : Cross-32
flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage »

Welcome, Paul. :D
- John

Check out the Educational Software Archive at www.flaxcottage.com
tricky

Post by tricky »

Welcome, I'm sure there will be people here who would love to know if you have any unusual software, or even to see some glamour shots of the arcs ;)
lovebug

Post by lovebug »

Welcome :D
Image Image Image Image

Return to “introduce yourself”