Hello from Reading!

where both new and existing forum members can say 'hi' to each other!
craig_read

Hello from Reading!

Post by craig_read »

Hi,

My name is Craig, I thought I'd introduce myself to you all since I've been actively using this forum to get myself started with my latest retro collection addition! Pretty in to retro computers really, I support RMC, and have been trawling the youtube channels for information and found some great channels out there...

I was lucky enough to be gifted a BBC Master 128, which I've just finished cleaning up and sorting the keyboard out on (it had some broken traces for the LEDs but I've put in some wires to fix those for the moment).

I remember using these machines a lot in school, and also we had a BBC B as a family when I was pretty young so getting this machine was on my list of "machines to have". I've also got a couple of Amiga's, specifically the A1200 and A500 models. The A1200 is pretty heavily upgraded and the A500 more or less stock apart from the boot drive switcher and 512kb memory upgrade (which they all pretty much had anyway).

This Master has it all really, RPpi Co-Pro... RetroClinic Data Centre (latest incarnation I think), the MOS switcher too (again from RetroClinic) and it's also had it's battery pack changed (which I think may be a flat battery now so I might have to swap that out) I've been getting to grips with things but it's taking a bit of time.

I've also recently ordered some Econet bits and pieces, not because I need it really, but more because I'd I like to learn and tinker with things. It's fun just getting things working..

The only machine I want now is the Archimedes, but which version I am not sure, probably an A5000, but I might even go for a wedge A3000 for nostalgia purposes. A friend of mine when I was young had one, and it was amazing. When I eventually get "permission" I will probably take the plunge..

You'll probably see me out and about on the forums asking fairly noobie questions.. I do try to do thorough searches before asking questions but sometimes you miss stuff!

Anyway this looks like a great community of people from what I've seen..

Thanks for having me!

Craig
BBC Master 128k, RetroClinic MOS Switcher, Raspberry Pi CoProcessor with 1GHz Pi Zero, DataCentre Internal with USB (RAMFS)
tricky

Re: Hello from Reading!

Post by tricky »

Welcome and good luck with the Archie search.
Multiwizard

Post by Multiwizard »

Hi Craig,

welcome to this great Forum... :D

Greetings from my little Dutch Atomic Attic, Wim... :-)
daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins »

Welcome to the Forum, Craig . . . Enjoy . . .

Dave H.
Available: ARA II : ARA III-JR/PR : ABR : AP5 : AP6 : ABE : ATI : MGC : Plus 1 Support ROM : Plus 3 2nd DA : Prime's Plus 3 ROM/RAM : Pegasus 400 : Prime's MRB : ARCIN32 : Cross-32
lovebug

Post by lovebug »

Welcome :D
Image Image Image Image

Return to “introduce yourself”