Latest AtoMMC sources.

emulators, hardware and classic software for atom + system machines
Prime

Latest AtoMMC sources.

Post by Prime »

Hi all,

After some enquireies at the last ABUG about obtaining AtoMMC boards, I reached ot to SirMorris and got his permission to produce a bunch for people**. So having re-spun the board I want to put the latest firmware version on it.

Currently I'm using 2.9.3, is there any more recent than this, if so where can I get it?

One problem I have run accross, is that if I program just the bootloader to the PIC, no mater what card I put in I can't get it to bootload, green LED just comes on and stays on and hangs.....I've tried a couple of different cards formatted as FAT, and then firmware dropped on card (as I know the bootloader relies on the firmware being on contiguous sectors). But nothing :(

I do know that the boards work as if I get a PIC from a working AtoMMC, read it on my device programmer and write it back to another PIC, it all works as it should. I can boot of the card load the Atom software collection etc.

Anyone have any clues?

Cheers.

Phill.

** Note I have no intention of going into wholescale manufacture of these, but will be publishing my work on github, and had 10 board sets made,
which I will be happy to build and distribute to people at ABUG meetings, certainly to the couple of people that initially enquired.
hoglet

Re: Latest AtoMMC sources.

Post by hoglet »

Prime wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:08 am Currently I'm using 2.9.3, is there any more recent than this, if so where can I get it?
Do you mean the 4KB AtoMMC ROM?

The latest is version is 3.0.2, available from here:
https://github.com/hoglet67/AtoMMC2/rel ... tommc_3_02

There are both PIC and AVR builds.

Or do you mean the PIC Firmware?
Prime wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:08 am One problem I have run accross, is that if I program just the bootloader to the PIC, no mater what card I put in I can't get it to bootload, green LED just comes on and stays on and hangs.....I've tried a couple of different cards formatted as FAT, and then firmware dropped on card (as I know the bootloader relies on the firmware being on contiguous sectors). But nothing :(
As far as I remember, you need a really small card (<1GB) formatted with FAT16.

I use an ancient 128MB card.

Also, it will only program the firmware if it's different from what's already programmed.

Dave
Prime

Post by Prime »

hoglet wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:34 am Or do you mean the PIC Firmware?
Prime wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:08 am One problem I have run accross, is that if I program just the bootloader to the PIC, no mater what card I put in I can't get it to bootload, green LED just comes on and stays on and hangs.....I've tried a couple of different cards formatted as FAT, and then firmware dropped on card (as I know the bootloader relies on the firmware being on contiguous sectors). But nothing :(
I've tried a 1GB SD card and a 32 MB MMC card, both formatted as FAT16, both fail :(
Also, it will only program the firmware if it's different from what's already programmed.
Shouldn't be an issue here, as I've just programmed the bootloader to the pic with my TL866II-Plus.
Oddly I can't get my PicKit3 to program it (on a little breadboard), keeps complaining of over-current :(

Cheers.

Phill.
KenLowe

Post by KenLowe »

Prime wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:08 pm
hoglet wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:34 am
I've tried a 1GB SD card and a 32 MB MMC card, both formatted as FAT16, both fail :(
Try a 128MB partition:

viewtopic.php?p=362186#p362186

Return to “acorn atom and acorn system series”