High Score Challenge - S21 - R10 - Beebchase

post your own high scores or enter our challenge competitions
KarateEd

Re: High Score Challenge - S21 - R10 - Beebchase

Post by KarateEd »

Venger wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:40 pm
Cruxinc wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:05 pm ok that makes sence, thanks a lot! when will this season be finished?
The "normal" rounds have finished, there's just the Championship Round to go. I'm sure Ed will post a thread asking for game nominations in the very near future, when he's not busy.
I'm going to try to get all this done today but this morning (in Canada) I have a few things to do first. I posted the link in this thread for the championship round, look for the actual thread in a few hours.
Ed...... :-)

3 working Beebs, 1 RetroClinic Master, 1 normal Master, 1 A3010, 1 Pi2 RISC OS, 2 broken Beeb Motherboards, 1 Omnibus A7000+ server, 1 A7000+ Desktop, 1 PET, 1 C64, 1 C128, 1 Amiga 500 and 1 Roamer.
klintworth

Post by klintworth »

Cruxinc wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:58 am ........., as i would be able to play on on my actual beeb not an emulator.
thanks!

Hi Elliot,

Congrats on your new Beeb, it's really the best micro from that time period! I always use an actual beeb to play the High Score Challenge, much more authentic - I don't find the emulator as good as the real beeb keys! The HSC is a great way to discover new games to play as there is always a great variety. So good to have more people competing in the HSC, the more competition the better! Paul, ABUG Canada West :D

PS Here's the new HSC game for the next couple of weeks - Rubble Trouble
http://www.bbcmicro.co.uk/game.php?id=193
Ed will be posting the info soon, but get practising! :lol:
BBC B Issue 4 & 7, BBC B (USA), BBC Master, Electron, BBC Master Compact, Olivetti PC128S, Castle A7000+, A3020, Valiant Turtle, Trekker Robot
Cruxinc

Post by Cruxinc »

hi! thanks i agree! would love to take part but currently am only using disks and tapes and have no way to load that game up. will definitely take part in all the ones i can :)
-Elliot :)
Lover of all things acorn, but especially the 8 bits!
- bbc b issue 7 with econet- electron issue 2 - microvitec cub 653 - amx mouse -
i like to use as much original hardware as possible, and only use disk and tapes! :shock:
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

Cruxinc wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:30 pm hi! thanks i agree! would love to take part but currently am only using disks and tapes and have no way to load that game up. will definitely take part in all the ones i can :)
Actually, if you can't load it up on your Beeb, you can use the emulator. Many do, I do for convenience but sometimes, as in our recent ABUG meeting here, use the hardware.

I use Beeb-Em to play many of the games and the link is where I get most of the games, on that particular site which will allow you to even play it through the java-script player there.

So you see, you will be able to play even if you can't get it over to your Beeb right now. It sound like you may need a couple of hardware upgrades to get you to a point where you can transfer files to your Beeb.

3 working Beebs, 1 RetroClinic Master, 1 normal Master, 1 A3010, 1 Pi2 RISC OS, 2 broken Beeb Motherboards, 1 Omnibus A7000+ server, 1 A7000+ Desktop, 1 PET, 1 C64, 1 C128, 1 Amiga 500 and 1 Roamer.
Cruxinc

Post by Cruxinc »

KarateEd wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:01 pm
Cruxinc wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:30 pm hi! thanks i agree! would love to take part but currently am only using disks and tapes and have no way to load that game up. will definitely take part in all the ones i can :)
Actually, if you can't load it up on your Beeb, you can use the emulator. Many do, I do for convenience but sometimes, as in our recent ABUG meeting here, use the hardware.

I use Beeb-Em to play many of the games and the link is where I get most of the games, on that particular site which will allow you to even play it through the java-script player there.

So you see, you will be able to play even if you can't get it over to your Beeb right now. It sound like you may need a couple of hardware upgrades to get you to a point where you can transfer files to your Beeb.
i might do that :)
personally i dont like using emulators but do at school as i have no other choice. personally i dont plan on getting gotec or something similar atm, as disks and tapes are working for me, even when they are tempremental and annoying i still prefer them to using emulation or gotec (even though your using actual hardware it still feels a bit to emulatory) anyway everyone has there own. have a good day!
- bbc b issue 7 with econet- electron issue 2 - microvitec cub 653 - amx mouse -
i like to use as much original hardware as possible, and only use disk and tapes! :shock:
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

Cruxinc wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:11 pm
KarateEd wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:01 pm

i might do that :)
personally i dont like using emulators but do at school as i have no other choice. personally i dont plan on getting gotec or something similar atm, as disks and tapes are working for me, even when they are tempremental and annoying i still prefer them to using emulation or gotec (even though your using actual hardware it still feels a bit to emulatory) anyway everyone has there own. have a good day!
Nowadays, the main reason to have a gotek would be to load games from a PC to a Beeb. You could then copy the files to diskette and use your diskette after that. It's useful and it wouldn't have to be used while loading the game if you put it to disc after you copied it over.

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

and I've posted Rubble Trouble in a new thread.....

viewtopic.php?t=28231

Cruxinc

Post by Cruxinc »

KarateEd wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:34 pm and I've posted Rubble Trouble in a new thread.....

viewtopic.php?t=28231
for the next season, would imogen be a possibility? we could base scores on how many morphs ypu have left once you finish the game. thanks!
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

Cruxinc wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:42 pm
KarateEd wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:34 pm and I've posted Rubble Trouble in a new thread.....

viewtopic.php?t=28231
for the next season, would imogen be a possibility? we could base scores on how many morphs ypu have left once you finish the game. thanks!
I hope to post the nominations sheet today. Any games chosen in the last 5 seasons won't be available but also please read the rules. Imogen doesn't really fit into the format of the HSC so it's not one we would play. Great game though.

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

High Score Tables Updated for Season 21, Round 10......

Well, let's say this one was rather a flop as a 'fun' game to play. It had few redeeming qualities and that would explain the few players + Christmas time.

Again, we have a winner and that is Rod C . Congratulations on an excellent score and win Rod. =D> =D>

On a side note I'd like to thank all those who played this round. We had 8 playing this game this round so.....Thank you!!! It seems we are mostly averaging out at 11 so this participation is a lot below average.

As usual please check to ensure I've not missed anyone's scores because it's easy to miss things on this and I really don't want to do that for anyone's hard earned score.

Venger

Post by Venger »

KarateEd wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:18 pm High Score Tables Updated for Season 21, Round 10......

Well, let's say this one was rather a flop as a 'fun' game to play. It had few redeeming qualities and that would explain the few players + Christmas time.

Again, we have a winner and that is Venger . Congratulations on an excellent score and win Venger. =D> =D>

On a side note I'd like to thank all those who played this round. We had 8 playing this game this round so.....Thank you!!! It seems we are mostly averaging out at 11 so this participation is a lot below average.

As usual please check to ensure I've not missed anyone's scores because it's easy to miss things on this and I really don't want to do that for anyone's hard earned score.
Ed, Rod C had a higher score than me.
tricky

Post by tricky »

Cruxinc wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:11 pm i might do that :)
There are many tape images on stairway to hell, another sister site. You could play them from a PC or phone into the beeb or onto a tape and then into the beeb. There might even be an app for converting disc image files to tape image and then onto real tape and then back to disc. It might be a faff, but you would only need to do it once a month ;)
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

Venger wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:42 pm Ed, Rod C had a higher score than me.
Ah great, and now I can't read my spreadsheet......will wonders never cease.....Thanks Venger, Sorry Rod.....

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

tricky wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:49 pm
Cruxinc wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:11 pm i might do that :)
There are many tape images on stairway to hell, another sister site. You could play them from a PC or phone into the beeb or onto a tape and then into the beeb. There might even be an app for converting disc image files to tape image and then onto real tape and then back to disc. It might be a faff, but you would only need to do it once a month ;)
Actually every two weeks Tricky.......

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

tricky wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:15 pm I don't very often play in the hsc ;)
Oh, I'm aware.....it's always good to see you when you do play......

tricky

Post by tricky »

Can we nominate "secret" unreleased games that might need a temporary last minute download link? ;)
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

tricky wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:33 pm Can we nominate "secret" unreleased games that might need a temporary last minute download link? ;)
Do you have some unreleased improvement type games for us Tricky?

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

Wow, these things start to move really fast later in the game.....
RubbleTrouble-4.png

Return to “8-bit acorn software: games - high scores”