All my Carnage Inc disks are dead :(

subjects relating to classic games for the archimedes and risc pc
wmd

All my Carnage Inc disks are dead :(

Post by wmd »

Proof of ownership:

Is there any chance someone could send me the JFDs of these disks? I want to be able to run it from hard drive using ADFFS but every disk is full of errors. I tried cleaning my drive and the disks, but still no dice.
Last edited by wmd on Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
wmd

Re: All my Carnage Inc disks are dead :(

Post by wmd »

And yes, I know this is on the arcarc.nl archive, but it doesn't work.
danielj

Post by danielj »

wmd wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:25 pm And yes, I know this is on the arcarc.nl archive, but it doesn't work.
How doesn't it work? I just had a look in JASPP and there's not a JFD so far as I can see.

d.
wmd

Post by wmd »

The JFDs aren't publicly available, otherwise I would go to the JASPP site and download them myself. I was hoping that some kind soul would send them to me, given that I actually own the original game.

Regarding the arcarc.nl version, when using the !Install application, it appears to work (installs each disk without error), but when you try to run the actual game, it asks you to insert disc 2 and won't progress beyond that.
danielj

Post by danielj »

What you need is a hacker :D
jubber

Post by jubber »

Tried recreating your steps in Arculator - wanted to see if using ADFFS2 would allow disk swapping via the menu bar or ADFFS2's SHIFT-CTRL-F2 method - no such luck. And like you, I've found the installer appears to work but the game still freezes asking for disk 2.

I did find running the game from inside ADFFS2 would fail - there's a line in *RUN which contains DMA that you have to comment out - but it all gets to the same place in the end, Please Insert Disk 2 - and then stops.
wmd

Post by wmd »

I managed to locate JFDs for this so no longer needed in case anyone reads in future.

Return to “32-bit acorn software: classic games”