Econet: insufficient space error

discuss general risc os software applications and utilities
Related forum: adventures

markusher

Econet: insufficient space error

Post by markusher »

Hi

When copying from RISC OS 3.11 or RISC OS 3.70 between the PiBridge and a Level3 fileserver, I get the error insufficient space.
Pressing Retry, does allow it to continue.

There is sufficient space on the drive and the user has been set to the maximum freespace *SETFREE SYST FFFFFFFF

Has anyone else been getting this error?
-Mark
2 x BBC, 1 Viglen BBC, M128, M512, M128+copro, 1 Master ET, BBC AIV Domesday System, E01S, E01, E20 Filestore, 3 x A4000, RISC PC 600,700, StrongArm. Probably more I've missed and all sorts of bits and pieces.
BeebMaster

Re: Econet: insufficient space error

Post by BeebMaster »

I can't say I've seen this, but I haven't done a lot of copying from L3 to PiBridge on RISC OS.

I can't actually remember how I copied Library & Utils to my PiBridge initially. Probably it was with CopyFiles or TreeCopy on a BBC.

If the error clears after a retry then it does sound like a spurious error so possibly something's out of whack putting the error number for "Insufficient space" in the reply block when it shouldn't be.

Probably looking at the Pi Bridge logs would help.

Does it happen trying to copy from supervisor prompt? RISC OS *COPY should be able to copy between logged-on file servers I think, something like *COPY NET::Level3discname.$.location NET::PiBridgediscname.$.location etc.

Or even TreeCopy on a RISC OS machine will work.
cr12925

Re: Econet: insufficient space error

Post by cr12925 »

markusher wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:51 pm Hi

When copying from RISC OS 3.11 or RISC OS 3.70 between the PiBridge and a Level3 fileserver, I get the error insufficient space.
Pressing Retry, does allow it to continue.

There is sufficient space on the drive and the user has been set to the maximum freespace *SETFREE SYST FFFFFFFF

Has anyone else been getting this error?
I'm assuming from what you narrate that the error is emanating on write to the Level3 FS? If so, what version of the FS are you running?

Chris.
2 x Master 128, BBC B+IntegraB, Viglen floppy drives, A3000 ZIDEFS+Econet, RISC PC StrongArm Mk3+Econet ModulePidule, 3 x Econets, 5 x Pi Econet bridges, organist, former purveyor of BBS software...

Return to “32-bit acorn software: other”