Retro Computer Festival 2023

listings of other non-ABug events, proposals relating to unconfirmed events and general event chat
colinhoad

Retro Computer Festival 2023

Post by colinhoad »

Apologies if this has already been shared (and feel free to delete my post if so) but the Cambridge Centre for Computing History is hosting a Retro Computer Festival 2023 on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th November, details and tickets available here:

Saturday:
https://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det ... -November/

Sunday:
https://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det ... -November/

I'll be going on the Saturday, possibly also the Sunday - let me know if anyone else here is planning to go! :D
Pernod

Re: Retro Computer Festival 2023

Post by Pernod »

colinhoad wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:58 am I'll be going on the Saturday, possibly also the Sunday - let me know if anyone else here is planning to go! :D
I intend to be there on the Saturday, trains/family permitting.
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.
philpem

Post by philpem »

I'm hoping to go down for the Saturday, trains permitting. Feels like I'm playing a game of chicken booking a hotel more than a fortnight out with the threat of train strikes.
Questions about software preservation (BBC, RISC OS or other platforms)? Please feel free to ask.
Currently looking for RISC OS software to archive and preserve, please drop me a PM if you have any to offer.
marrold

Post by marrold »

Pernod wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:34 pm I intend to be there on the Saturday, trains/family permitting.
Slightly off-topic but I was planning on bringing that Tandata TD1400 you wanted the ROMs for, so someone else that's going can copy them for me. If you want to see it in the flesh let me know.
Pernod

Post by Pernod »

marrold wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:34 am
Pernod wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:34 pm I intend to be there on the Saturday, trains/family permitting.
Slightly off-topic but I was planning on bringing that Tandata TD1400 you wanted the ROMs for, so someone else that's going can copy them for me. If you want to see it in the flesh let me know.
Sounds good, I'll make sure someone I know is setup to dump the ROM. Can we see inside the keyboard in advance to determine whether there's anything in there that needs dumping too? Continue discussion back on Discord?
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.
marrold

Post by marrold »

Pernod wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:36 pm Can we see inside the keyboard in advance to determine whether there's anything in there that needs dumping too? Continue discussion back on Discord?
I've sent the images via discord but in case anyone stumbles across this thread in future I've stuck them in the existing thread - viewtopic.php?p=406294
colinhoad

Post by colinhoad »

I had a great time at this event, and it was really nice to meet Pernod, philpem, RetroBytes and many others in person for the first time!

I also made a short video of some highlights for anyone who wasn't able to make it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHdasy0AXuY
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Nice video thanks!

Return to “other events + general event chat”