Fun To Learn - Shards Software

request software or documentation that you can't find online
paul_archer

Fun To Learn - Shards Software

Post by paul_archer »

Hi all wonder if there’s anyone out there that can help…. My sister and I were going through old games we used to play on the BBC growing up and I wanted to transfer our Fun To Learn tape over to an emulator.. Sadly the tape is badly damaged and won’t transfer and as hard as I’ve looked I can’t find it in any archives.

Anyone out there have one they could upload, would love to replay this game

Fun To Learn by Shards Software.

Fingers crossed :)
flaxcottage

Re: Fun To Learn - Shards Software

Post by flaxcottage »

Welcome, Paul. :D

The title 'Fun to Learn' is missing from the Educational Archive (link below) but 'Fun Academy' is there and this may contain the titles found on your tape.

If you could upload a scan/photo of the tape inlay this could be added to the Archive and maybe the tape image could be reconstructed from this.
- John

Check out the Educational Software Archive at www.flaxcottage.com
Diminished

Post by Diminished »

paul_archer wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:25 amtape is badly damaged and won’t transfer
That sounds like a challenge.

Is the foam pad that presses the tape against the tape head intact?

Do you have a digital audio recording of the tape, such as a WAV file, that we might be able to look at?
paul_archer

Post by paul_archer »

it's a lot worse than just the pad, I think even my skills maybe have been able to fix that.

No, sadly the tape is crumpled looking and far too distorted in sound to make a viable WAV file from for conversions. I'm back at my dad's this weekend and will take a nice scan of the tape cover with my phone for upload.

We've played the C64 version which we found but that wasn't the same.. We'll take a look at Fun Academy and see if that has any familiar memories within, thanks for the tip off..
paul_archer

Post by paul_archer »

OMG you superstar!!! Fun Academy has the exact ones I was thinking of within featuring Fun To Learn.

Thank you so much!

I will still update the Fun To Learn case inlay we have for the records though.

Return to “archive requests”