High Score Challenge - S20 - R-Champ - Mouse Trap

post your own high scores or enter our challenge competitions
MatthewThompson

Re: High Score Challenge - S20 - R-Champ - Mouse Trap

Post by MatthewThompson »

Not had much time to play this one, I remember it well, it is a tricky fiddly platfomer, but needs a fair bit of practice to progress.
Attachments
MT.jpg
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

A better score, but still only got to level 5... 1240

mousetrap2.jpg
Atom / BBC B with Music 5000/4000/2000 / Electron / A3000 / Master 128
Venger

Post by Venger »

For anyone who's interested, here's my complete walkthrough :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFpRnOWxD6o
Rod C

Post by Rod C »

KarateEd wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:59 pm Don't feel too bad, I got to level 9 and lost all 4 lives and didn't collect a single point. There's probably a jump that I'm not seeing properly.
Even when you know how that level works there's a few points where the timing is critical, like the jump from the rope and you have to do it twice!
sa_scott

Post by sa_scott »

Venger wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:02 pm For anyone who's interested, here's my complete walkthrough :

What a thing of beauty. I feel a little better knowing you did actually lose some lives, otherwise I would have curled up into a ball.

You have to appreciate the lovely graphics in the game!
--
Stephen Scott, Digital Media Muckerupper
Games: Androidz Redux, Headcase Hotel, Polymer Picker
www.sassquad.net
Venger

Post by Venger »

sa_scott wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:11 am
Venger wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:02 pm For anyone who's interested, here's my complete walkthrough :

What a thing of beauty. I feel a little better knowing you did actually lose some lives, otherwise I would have curled up into a ball.

You have to appreciate the lovely graphics in the game!
Thanks. Yeah, the controls are a bit twitchy and my reflexes aren't perfect these days. I did complete the game when it first came out, in my early teens, so I could remember most of the solutions to the levels.

I also agree that the graphics are great :)
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

High Score Tables Updated for Season 20, Championship Round......

Another excellent game with controls that can be very precise in their execution. This can add to some frustration but I found that as I got more practice at some levels, that kind of went away with the muscle memory that was being formed. I remember when this was first played and I almost gave it a pass because of that but am really glad I didn't as it's a very good game with excellent graphics.

Well, we have a winner and that is once again Venger who's score was 3x his next competitor (me). Congratulations on an excellent score and win Venger. =D> =D>

On a side note I'd like to thank all those who played this round. We had 10 playing this game this round so.....Thank you!!! It seems we are mostly averaging out at 11 so this participation is a bit below average.

As usual please check to ensure I've not missed anyone's scores because it's easy to miss things on this and I really don't want to do that for anyone's hard earned score.
Ed...... :-)

3 working Beebs, 1 RetroClinic Master, 1 normal Master, 1 A3010, 1 Pi2 RISC OS, 2 broken Beeb Motherboards, 1 Omnibus A7000+ server, 1 A7000+ Desktop, 1 PET, 1 C64, 1 C128, 1 Amiga 500 and 1 Roamer.
Rod C

Post by Rod C »

KarateEd wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:12 pm High Score Tables Updated for Season 20, Championship Round......
Hi Ed, the HST looks like it's not updated.
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

Rod C wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:36 am
KarateEd wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:12 pm High Score Tables Updated for Season 20, Championship Round......
Hi Ed, the HST looks like it's not updated.
Should be better now......
Ed...... :-)

3 working Beebs, 1 RetroClinic Master, 1 normal Master, 1 A3010, 1 Pi2 RISC OS, 2 broken Beeb Motherboards, 1 Omnibus A7000+ server, 1 A7000+ Desktop, 1 PET, 1 C64, 1 C128, 1 Amiga 500 and 1 Roamer.
Cybershark

Post by Cybershark »

Had fond memories of this one, as I believe it was the first commercial Acorn game that I ever played. I had a Beeb but had only mucked about with my own programs and type-ins until I visited some cousins who had an Elk (and this game). Sadly, I now seem to be absolutely dire at it, and couldn't even complete the first level 😑 Definitely prefer Contraption!

What I found interesting was that this game was later apparently released on the ST and Amiga - see here. So cool that it got resurrected for the 16bit machines 😀

Return to “8-bit acorn software: games - high scores”