Archimedes Pyrotechnic

Rocketeer

Archimedes Pyrotechnic

Post by Rocketeer »

Pyrotechnic, a full-featured firework simulator for the Archimedes series of computers. This has been available on a few public domain discs and internet sites tucked away out of sight for a few years now. Thought I'd bring it to your attention as part of a number of RiscOS applications and games I wrote in the late '90s when the Acorn market was contracting quite rapidly so I couldn't find a software house that was interested.

Instructions attached and also within the application. I've got this running on RPCemu 3.71 and is provided here as a regular 7-zip file, just unpack the contents into the hostfs folder on the emulator then use as a normal RiscOS application from within there.

Sample screenshots from the various windows used to create a firework.

screen 01.png
screen 02.png
Attachments
ReadMe.txt
(22.59 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
pyro.7z
(128.5 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
pixelblip

Re: Archimedes Pyrotechnic

Post by pixelblip »

Oh wow this looks cool!
alex_farlie

Post by alex_farlie »

Do you plan on releasing the sources to Github?
Rocketeer

Post by Rocketeer »

alex_farlie wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:18 pm Do you plan on releasing the sources to Github?
The bulk of the Pyrotechnic application is written in BASIC/Assembler and can be inspected at your leisure. The sources that do not exist are for the SWI modules I wrote to handle the 3D mathematics, screen access etc. - the calls you can see within the BASIC/Assembler program.

Return to “new risc os games and conversions”