PRES AP2 ROM for Slogger RomBox+

request software or documentation that you can't find online
tomato

PRES AP2 ROM for Slogger RomBox+

Post by tomato »

Playing with some of the Electron emulation options in MAME, I was looking at the ABR and noticed that the version of the ABR Utilities ROM MAME asks for appears to have a version of the AP2 ROM I haven't seen before in the upper 8K - including the string "PRES AP2 1.23 for Slogger RomBox+"/"(RS423/Printer drivers)" (one string, including a newline), where the "normal" AP2 ROM has "PRES AP2 1.23 (ADC/Printer/RS423)". Unfortunately it seems partially overwritten (at the beginning) by the ABR utilities *ROM filing system image, but a comparison shows that there are large chunks of similarity to the AP2 1.23 ROM available elsewhere.

Although it's probably not particularly useful these days, it would be interesting at least for posterity/preservation if anyone has a copy of this somewhere?
Pernod

Re: PRES AP2 ROM for Slogger RomBox+

Post by Pernod »

Well spotted, hadn't noticed that before. Will have to search my collections again to see if it's lurking somewhere.

The ABR image would've likely come from @daveejhitchins so maybe he has it somewhere.

Edit: Originally found in post at viewtopic.php?p=66117#p66117
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.
daveejhitchins

Re: PRES AP2 ROM for Slogger RomBox+

Post by daveejhitchins »

Sorry . . . I don't have the version you're after. If I do find it (on a disc, somewhere) I'll let you know.

Dave H.
Available: ARA II : ARA III-JR/PR : ABR : AP5 : AP6 : ABE : ATI : MGC : Plus 1 Support ROM : Plus 3 2nd DA : Prime's Plus 3 ROM/RAM : Pegasus 400 : Prime's MRB : ARCIN32 : Cross-32

Return to “archive requests”