Rick Dangerous and The Great Escape (PitTubeDirect and ARM7TDMI)

Lardo Boffin

Re: Rick Dangerous and The Great Escape (PitTubeDirect and ARM7TDMI)

Post by Lardo Boffin »

Regardless of the line missing at the top the end result is absolutely amazing so many congrats to all involved. =D>

Where can I get a copy of the Gameboy emulator? [-o<
Adventure Language on GitHub
Atom, issue 5, YARRB + video noise killer
Elk
A number of econetted (is that a word?) Beebs
BBC Master, Datacentre + HDD, pi co-proc, econet, NULA
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

It certainly does look very good indeed
dudleysoft71

Post by dudleysoft71 »

Lardo Boffin wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:03 pm Regardless of the line missing at the top the end result is absolutely amazing so many congrats to all involved. =D>

Where can I get a copy of the Gameboy emulator? [-o<
I haven't done a formal release yet. The actual emulator itself is fairly small, but there's not a lot of space for example ROMs on a floppy disk image. I think the idea of a HDD image with all my projects would be better for projects like this and BAGI.

I will post a build here tomorrow once I'm back on my PC.
James Watson - DudleySoft

BBC Model B 32K - PiTubeDirect, Pi1Mhz, Smally Mouse, Gotek, DFS/ADFS, 4xSWRAM.
tnash

Post by tnash »

I've finally got round to sorting out my Pi Zero with PiTubeDirect . I'm trying the mode 1 version of Rick Dangerous but it either crashes after the second vertical scroll (when being chased by the boulder) or very occasionally lets me play a couple more screens before the graphics start to corrupt. Any ideas? its a pi zero 1W running the native ARM co-pro, on a BBC B with 32k SWRAM

(while I'm here - James, your Celeste port is fantastic - I know you said it was a quick job but it plays beautifully)
dudleysoft71

Post by dudleysoft71 »

I wonder if there's some corruption of memory used by one of the roms? Celeste doesn't use double buffering since it's 128x256 so it's too big to double buffer, but Rick dangerous is 256x192, so there is space to double buffer, which brings screen memory down to &2000,

I'd check PAGE on the host, my page has hit &2100, which causes screen corruption sometimes, it hasn't caused a crash yet, but I imagine a rom had vital data stored in that memory and received an interrupt that it might cause it to crash.
James Watson - DudleySoft

BBC Model B 32K - PiTubeDirect, Pi1Mhz, Smally Mouse, Gotek, DFS/ADFS, 4xSWRAM.
tnash

Post by tnash »

Thanks very much. It seems that the crashing is alleviated by *FILL 0 FFFFFFFFF 0 immediately after booting into the native ARM Coprocessor.

However I'm still getting the corrupted maps after a few further screens. It does seem like it is the maps that are corrupted as I can die on spikes that are in the wrong place!

Newbie question here but how do I check host page with the native copro running please? PRINT ÷PAGE from ARMBASIC gives me &8F00.
If it helps, PAGE with copro disabled is at &1900. I've also kicked out every ROM except BASIC and MMFS.

Return to “miscellaneous new bbc and electron games”