ADFFS freezing after updates

subjects relating to classic games for the archimedes and risc pc
rodders

Re: ADFFS freezing after updates

Post by rodders »

IanJeffray wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:32 am HostFS doesn't have drive numbers. HostFS::HostFS.$.whatever should work.
So what would HostFS::HostFS access, the floppy drive?
BBC Model B 32k ICL issue 3, WE ROM/RAM board, Speech Processor, TurboMMC, PiTubeDirect
BBC Master 128
RiscPC 64MB+2MB 200MHz StrongArm, PC486 DX100
RiscPC basket case - now up and running
Acorn A3020 being restored
IanJeffray

Post by IanJeffray »

rodders wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:55 pm So what would HostFS::HostFS access, the floppy drive?
No, HostFS is a virtual file system on to the emulator host machine... the real machine you're running the emulator on. The contents of the "hostfs" folder next to Arculator.exe

I'm a bit confused why you started talking about HostFS though, because the thread started off talking about a real RiscPC :)
rodders

Post by rodders »

IanJeffray wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:08 pm [I'm a bit confused why you started talking about HostFS though, because the thread started off talking about a real RiscPC :)
sirbod wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:33 pm To save, enter the full path when prompted for the filename, for example:

Code: Select all

SAVE
Insert save game disc

Save file
hostfs::0.$.saves.Acheton
I was asking about HostFS because sirbod suggested it (and I don't understand what it is). I am running on a real RiscPC so I guess it was a red herring.
BBC Model B 32k ICL issue 3, WE ROM/RAM board, Speech Processor, TurboMMC, PiTubeDirect
BBC Master 128
RiscPC 64MB+2MB 200MHz StrongArm, PC486 DX100
RiscPC basket case - now up and running
Acorn A3020 being restored

Return to “32-bit acorn software: classic games”