An IDE for the Beeb/Master

handy tools that can assist in the development of new software
marcelaj1

An IDE for the Beeb/Master

Post by marcelaj1 »

I am embarking on a project to get my Beeb to control a few bits of external hardware in real time. This will involve developing a multi threaded design based around the system via interrupting the cpu every millisecond or so. It does not need a user interface apart from start and possibly stop (we do have the break key after all). **update, if I have hijacked the system VIA, I have lost the keyboard anyway, I'll just use the break key.

I am trying to get VSCode to work with BeebASM and BeebEM. I installed the asm module into VSCode, and it seems to function OK as an editor but getting it to 'compile' and fire up BeebEM is proving to cause hair loss.

I can create an ssd on the command line and I can fire up BeebEM with the ssd no problem.

In VSCode it will work when I first boot my p.c. up and compile the first time around but won't fire up BeebEM, and then it seems to break and complains that I don't have a target in the jason file, pressing F10 and trying to set it up it then complains that its already there. I have been using it as an editor for most of the day compiling and running from the command line.

I know this could open a can of worms but is VSCode the best way to go or is there a better IDE to use?
Is there an idiots guide to setting this up?
Ashley.
marcelaj1

Re: An IDE for the Beeb/Master

Post by marcelaj1 »

OK I should go and sit on the naughty stair - I forgot that there is a length limit on beeb filenames, setting the outputs to less than 8 characters seems to have fixed the issue :oops:
Ashley.

Return to “development tools”