Those annoying files inserted by Apple onto your USB drives

discuss pc<>acorn file transfer issues and the use of other utils
daveejhitchins

Those annoying files inserted by Apple onto your USB drives

Post by daveejhitchins »

If you only use your USB drives for Apple devices then you never see these files that are added by the OS - in fact they're good to have. However, if like me you use your USB drive between different machines that aren't Apple, these files get annoying! Well, they really get me annoyed!

Today I found a solution: cleanmydrive2 app - downloaded from the app store - it cleans any drive of junk and only takes a few moments to do a USB drive. You will need to use it every time, just before you remove the USB drive.

Of course, I may be last to the party with this - but if it help just one user then job-done :D

Dave H.
Available: ARA II : ARA III-JR/PR : ABR : AP5 : AP6 : ABE : ATI : MGC : Plus 1 Support ROM : Plus 3 2nd DA : Prime's Plus 3 ROM/RAM : Pegasus 400 : Prime's MRB : ARCIN32 : Cross-32
scruss

Re: Those annoying files inserted by Apple onto your USB drives

Post by scruss »

The .Desktop files can be a little annoying, yes. The Spotlight, Trash and other files folders can get really annoying if you're running devices that appear as tiny USB drives: they can take up all of your program space.

There is a way of suppressing most of these files - but it involves creating a file or two in the root folder of the drive.

Return to “software & utilities for the pc, mac or unix”